A little off topic - Call of Cthulhu

Discussion of OOP 1st & 2nd Edition products and rules, ie TSR AD&D material.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

A little off topic - Call of Cthulhu

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

We rarely have discussions about non-AD&D games, so this is a little bit of a different post.

A good friend of mine wanted to play Masks of Nyarlathotep, the latest version (7th Edition) for Call of Cthulhu. We started playing the old version way back in the late 90's but never really got far in it (lot of players moved, etc). So we ended up getting this, a few days ago:

https://www.chaosium.com/masks-of-nyarl ... pcase-set/

https://store.hplhs.org/products/masks- ... r-prop-set

Masks of Nyarlathotep is considered one of the best games ever written for any genre of RPGs. I remember the old version I have being really, really well done. Well, this new version blows it all away! The detail, the props, etc - this shit is INSANE (pun intended)!

They have some unboxing videos on youtube, and I can't wait to see this in person when it arrives! It should be a blast of a campaign. I've been craving a side game that was non-D&D (Gamma World, Top Secret and Star Frontiers have been on my mind) but this is getting me really excited. Should be fun!
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Also, I realize this post doesn't really fit the forum, being in the General Out of Print section when it is in fact in print. Does anyone else want me to create a sub-forum for in-print games or perhaps non-AD&D games (Star Frontiers, Gamma World, etc) for when we want to discuss some non-OOP or non-AD&D stuff?
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Doesn't bother me but if you want to flex your forum building muscle skills go right ahead.

I haven't looked at rulesets in a while except Thieves' Guild. Mostly, I was interested in the tables to expand thief adventures.

Insanity and CoC has always been of interest though, I was merely fascinated by bestiaries over the game as a whole. As to lore, I think I like Ash & the Evil Dead version of the lore.
At the edge of madness, he will show no sadness
Never broken, he'll be back for more
Proven under fire, over trench and wire
No fear of death, he's unshakeable
Forged for the war, he's unbreakable