Kickstarters & artists

Discussion of OOP 1st & 2nd Edition products and rules, ie TSR AD&D material.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Kickstarters & artists

Post by McDeath »

Following this topic Df Marmoreal Tomb Campaign Starter you find out some artists are utter douchebags. So far I’ve done one KS support and I’m still waiting on the coins. I hear people are receiving and it takes a while to mint these. We will see in the end. Now all the failed KS from CRPGs to RPGs to boardgames etc is astounding. And honestly, besides KS there is Patreon and go fund me. Why the flying fuck would I help some gamer or vlogger on youtube make a living to head andsee his/her shitty fucktard comments. Get a real fucking job you lazy assholes!
At the edge of madness, he will show no sadness
Never broken, he'll be back for more
Proven under fire, over trench and wire
No fear of death, he's unshakeable
Forged for the war, he's unbreakable
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

I often see Kickstarter stuff that never comes to be. I never really looked into the rules, but to me all this online "donate money to me or my thing" nonsense is nothing but scams. Artists? Yeah, they're nuts. At least most of the ones I've had to deal with.
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

And when published I sometimes see what was KS only extra stretch goal content become part of the product. Makes me think... “Yeah.... I’ll just wait.”
At the edge of madness, he will show no sadness
Never broken, he'll be back for more
Proven under fire, over trench and wire
No fear of death, he's unshakeable
Forged for the war, he's unbreakable
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

I just can't believe how many sites like that are out there now. But I keep hearing horror stories about people not completing their KS project or whatever. Makes it look bad for everyone.

McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Many believe it’s the stretch goal crap. A successful is should have the base product 80-100% done imho before it starts. The $$ is to fund maybe something missing or extra you want. I hear some use KS as a platform to get their name out to other media forms and spread their name. But shit like I’ve seen via say Frank M (that stretch goal stuff was ridiculous), and many others, is just way too much promise for what probably won’t ever be. I think Mine Nystul or w/e his name washad many failed KS projects. Only thing I wanted from him was the last publishing’s of Demons products before Mayfair games closed. Damn pity a few Denizens booklets never were printed.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Someone somewhere (forgot where I read it) mentioned that if he ever did a KS thing, he would have the product completed BEFORE he asked for the money. That's a good idea.