Looking for 2 files

Discussion of OOP 1st & 2nd Edition products and rules, ie TSR AD&D material.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Tawnos76
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Looking for 2 files

Post by Tawnos76 »

I am trying to change over to mainly PDF so I can use my tablet for everything and when checking my books to PDF I do not have a PDF of my Jakandor: Island of War 9511 or my Temple of Elemental Evil 9147

If anyone has a PDF of these can you send me a download link. I would like to keep the books in the condition they are as they are getting older.
thanks

Nevermind Found online
IXOYE
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Wish I could still access my paper ones. Ah, Jakandor is an pretty cool setting. I wonder what the extra books would have been if they decided to make them. Seems like it was missing something that was never released.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Tawnos, I believe I have both. Email me. Temple of Elemental Evil is 18.6 MB and Jakandor Island of War is 44.7MB. :shock:

Not sure where I can upload them, but maybe I can load them to the BIP site and send you the link.
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Tawnos76
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Tawnos76 »

I was able to find them on 4shared.com
They do have a lot of files there on their cloud server just make sure to always scan everything. It is a full PDF download. I never torrent as I still do not trust those.
IXOYE
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

I could never get torrents to work. Actually if there is room here storage of pdfs of all D&D sorts would be great. I'd recommend they be very well zipped. I'd like to see more people coming to the site even if it is via pdf scrounging. I look forward to the day I have my physical library back around me. Just don't have room here in Columbia Missouri for it. Its a small apartment.
Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

Yeah, you could fit them in your small apt if they were PDF! :P
RIP E. Gary Gygax- The DM's DM!
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Ha ha ha! .................. tis true though. 8)
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

I so worry about BIP being a dead site. Sometimes I worry about DF too.
Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

Both have been slow but far from dead! :)
Tarrax Ironwolf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Tarrax Ironwolf »

Haven't been to DF in about a year and a half. Wow. Wonder why I stopped?
"We played Dungeons & Dragons for three hours! Then I was slain by an elf." -- Homer Simpson

Dragynn (My new AD&D gaming blog)
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Really? I'm there only partially but I just can't abandon the site. Did something happen there recently or while I was offline that caused people to leave?
Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

I'm not sure. I suppose some is just related to the passing of the years. The more time that passes since real AD&D went OOP, the more people will quit playing it (quit, die, move on to another hobby, etc.). Forums have life cycles, too.

I only check DF occasionally anymore. For me it comes down to two issues. First, they treated Halaster pretty badly, and that doesn't sit well with me. The other issue is that while I'm going to school and working FT I don't have the luxury of as much free time as I used to. What time I do have to spare is being spent on things that have a higher priority at the moment.

I sure do hope to get back into gaming a bit more once I finish my degree.
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

I honestly wish I could have made gaming a career from when I was little. Sadly, I just didn't have the resources, connections, or skill to succeed. Even if I had where would I be now considering the current state of affairs for the gaming market.

It would seem that the world is more interesting in online gaming and that is changing all the time as well. I play a few older online games with limited graphics and they have changed. I made one map (a guild hall) full of descriptions and the best utility work I could muster since I can't program.

Even today when I look at it I find it to be far more complex to the imagination than most of the maps in the game simply due to the detail I wanted put in there. Players, they really don't pay attention to it and have only the concerns of "grinding" xp and items and that goes for almost all online games. If we thought power gaming was bad offline PnP or munchkins; well, its far worse online except it has to fall within the parameters of programming and not imagination-land.

sheesh.....
Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

I think the first cracks began to appear when the Magic card game came out. Inexplicably (to me at least) young kids that would/should have been cutting their teeth on D&D were playing this simplistic card game. Of course, online gaming and really superb video games have made huge inroads into what used to be the realm of pen and paper games. It's easy to see why, on one level. Video games are easy. At least in the sense of requiring no preparation or imagination. The adventure is spoon fed without having to work at it. The game is extremely linear, at least compared to the free-form style of gaming you get with a skilled DM/GM, but it's still fun. And obviously the visuals have come a long ways since the first 8 bit games!

CGI has transformed movies as well. Gone are the days when gigantic elaborate sets were constructed at great cost to film epic films. Remember the scale of Cleopatra or Spartacus? Nowadays those backdrops are constructed in a server farm somewhere, and never exist in the real world. On the plus side, worlds can be created that you never could have conceived of in the days of models. The LotR trilogy is a great example of CG done right to help create a compelling, magical world.

Of course, something has been lost. There was a charm to the stop action work of Harryhausen. And while CGI does a great job of making spectacular sights, it never quit looks right when used to create more mundane stuff. Worse, visuals seem to have taken the place of creativity and imagination [cough, cough...Transformers].

This leads us right back to the point where we came in. I fear that games that rely on imagination and creativity might be tossed on the bone pile of history. Little kids can have fun playing with sticks and rocks, but it seems that they're being transitioned into "managed entertainment" more and more. Harried parents are plunking kids down in front of the boob toob or computer to let The Machines entertain them. I hope this doesn't inhibit the creativity and sense of wonder and exploration they used to get from exploring imaginary worlds inside their minds.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Speaking of DF - and this got a belly laugh out of me - they banned Jared Synn for posting a single post that touched on politics about the Boston bombing being a false flag. But Steve told Jared it's really because they think he's me. :roll: Five years after the guy joins the site, they accuse him of being me and ban his ass.

It sorta gives me a devilish delight to know I'm still so reviled and hated there, though. :twisted:

If DF is slow, it's probably because of two things:

1. Everything has been talked to death. I mean, seriously, we've all been talking about every aspect of the game online for at least a good decade now. DF probably has 75,000 pages of posts. Not as much left to explore, not much new ground that hasn't been gone over 1,000 times. Same for every AD&D site.

2. Unfair moderation and the games Steve and the mods play. I abandoned that nonsense a long, long time ago, but apparently they hold such horrible grudges that they lash out at others to try getting to me. :roll: Some people will never understand - you simply can't beat Halaster! :twisted: But I know a lot of people got less active there as a result of the biases and nonsense going on there.

McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

They banned Jared? Good grief. :? I tend to stay out of politics and religion even if they go hand in hand. Just not worth arguing over.

I was curious on 4shard and just managed to get the entire 1st and 2nd edition of Chill (Pacesetter and Mayfair games). Sadly, they didn't seem to have Role Aids but I did see some MERPS there. I did not know that Mike Nystul is the same Nystul in the spell description. The things you learn.
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Anyone have a free simple download of Glory Hole Dwarven mine from Judges Guild. Seems some of these aren't so easy to get to unless you torrent and I've always had bad results with torrent files.
Tarrax Ironwolf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

McDeath wrote:Anyone have a free simple download of Glory Hole Dwarven mine from Judges Guild.
:shock:

Oh lordy, unless the designers were clueless, they really didn't think twice about the name of the adventure.
"We played Dungeons & Dragons for three hours! Then I was slain by an elf." -- Homer Simpson

McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Well, the name Glory Hole is original and later the slang was disgusting.

glory hole:
noun

1. Nautical .
a. the quarters on a ship that are occupied by the stewards or stokers.
b. lazaretto ( def 3 ) .
c. any locker or enclosed space for loose gear.

2. Glassmaking. an auxiliary furnace for reheating glass that has cooled during offhand blowing.

3. Mining. draw hole.

Origin:
1830–40

===================
World English Dictionary:
glory hole
— n
1. informal a room, cupboard, or other storage space that contains an untidy and miscellaneous collection of objects
2. nautical another term for lazaretto
Word Origin & History

==========================
glory hole

"a drawer or place where things are heaped together in a disorderly manner," 1825, the first element probably a variant of Scot. glaur "to make muddy" (mid-15c.), perhaps from O.N. leir "mud."
Tarrax Ironwolf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Still, really makes for an interesting moment if you describe a hallway as "You see a short hallway and there are numerous small holes in a line on each side. Each hole is about knee height to a human."

Those dirty dirty little dwarves. :twisted:

McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Its odd, I used to care about the PDF product market a little, but now considering my income, finding free pdfs is just fine. BTW, I just noticed t hat CN3 - Conan Triumphant had more geomporhs. They're a little weird and I'm not sure how they fit in that massive city but I'll figure it out. I'm still have little luck on maybefair Roleaids pdfs, a lot of judges guild (esp this dwarf one), World of Aden, and the hardest of them all:

City Geormorphs for D&D. Its like no one friggin scanned that bastard.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

McDeath, have you ever come across these Role Aids supplements?

To Hell and Back
Fez IV: Wizard's Revenge
Dragons of Wang T'Sen
Swordthrust
War of Darkness

I've been wanting to find those in PDF format for awhile now.

McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Not yet but I do or did have the following of those in physical format back in Oregon. #@
To Hell and Back
War of Darkness

Someone is trying to help me get into this site but they're locked down for now:

http://www.underground-gamer.com/

I'll check my limited files with me but I doubt I have them. If I do I'll send em to you via email I guess.
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

To Hell and Back
Fez IV: Wizard's Revenge
Dragons of Wang T'Sen
Swordthrust
War of Darkness

You are in luck I have the following PDFs on file: I certainly wish I had all but just these:

RA704 - Dwarves
RA705 - Question of Gravity
RA706 - Tower of Magics
RA707 - Dark Folk
RA708 - Wizards
RA709 Dragons of Weng Tsen
RA711 - Elves
RA713 - Evil Ruins
RA715 - Swordthrust
RA719 - Fantastic Treasure I
RA723 - Throne of Evil
RA726 - Lich Lords
RA730 - Fantastic Treasures II
RA732 - Elven Banner
RA733 - Ice Elves
RA737 - Undead
RA742 - Beneath Two Suns
RA744 - Giants
RA747 - Witches
RA748 - Lizardmen

Of some small note... via 4shared I managed to piece together all of Pacesetters & Maybefairs Chill products. I was quite pleased with that.
Tawnos76
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Tawnos76 »

Can you send me a download link for those as well?

I also have some other RPG PDF's if anyone wnats them - Star Frontiers, Top Secret S/I and some Advanced Marvel Superheros.
IXOYE