Opinion Needed

General discussion of the Back in Print Project

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Doirche

Opinion Needed

Post by Doirche »

Would anyone like to see a side view of Undermountain that shows all of the relevant levels and associated "gates" etc. involved in the complex?

Here is an example of what I am talking about. (This is not Undermountain but rather my own dungeon project.)

Let me know as I have already completed a preliminary one.... that some of you may have seen already but I have a much better one that I have been working on that I can finish up in a week or two and publish here. I just would like to know if the interest in such a thing warrants my effort.

Tawnos76
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Tawnos76 »

Very nice.

It gives a good reference to undermountain.
Where would the lost levels be exactly - Stardock and Undermountain: Maddgoth's Castle.
IXOYE
slade88green
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by slade88green »

I would love to have a side view of undermountain. It would be very handy to have depths of levels listed on it as well for those pesky dwarves. I have seen one before in an extremely crappy 3rd edition module called return to undermountain.
Varl
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Varl »

Yeah, side views give good perspective to dungeons overall by showing how deep they go and how spread out they may be.

BTW, Doirche, what program do you use to make those?
Tired of clone MMOs? So are we!
http://trialsofascension.com/
Tarrax Ironwolf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Tarrax Ironwolf »

Awesome! I love side dungeon views. It really puts in perspective of when the players move further down, exactly how far further really is. Nice work!
"We played Dungeons & Dragons for three hours! Then I was slain by an elf." -- Homer Simpson

Dragynn (My new AD&D gaming blog)
Doirche

Post by Doirche »

@ Varl.. I use Adobe Illustrator for all of my map work with the exception of overland maps. For those I use CC.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

I think a side view would be extremely helpful in letting people see the correct levels or layout of the levels, so yeah definitely!
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!