Some fun news

Public discussion of the extensive development of new levels in the Ruins of Undermountain.

Moderator: Thorn Blackstone

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Some fun news

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Well, I successfully placed a massive 13 HD juggernaut on the sub-level! Oh, how I love juggernauts! God, I want to run some players through this room tonight, right now! :twisted:

Got a handful more rooms written up this past week. Slow progress, yes, but steady progress. You know, I'm falling in love with this particular product more and more each day. It's a true labor of love. Good lord, it's gonna be a nightmare topping it for Ruins of Undermountain IV: Lair of the Mad Mage! I'm truly gonna need a good month-long sabbatical just to outline that level (Level 9), minimum! :shock:

When I tell you that Level 9 dwarfs Level 8, and you see the immensity of Level 8, it'll be time to change your underwear, trust me! :shock: How complex is Level 8? Well put it this way - if you print it out, and consider that dead space (solid stone that is the rock around the rooms - see the maps to understand what I mean) is represented by solid black, then the black ink would account for maybe only 10% of the ink used, because it is so highly detailed and crammed with rooms!

Tarrax, remind me to send you some more art stuff to work on. I have a handful of new monsters that really need to be worked on.

Why oh why couldn't TSR have released this, and saved me all this work? #@

Oh, I forgot. It's because they aren't/weren't good enough to do this project! :wink: :P
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Tarrax Ironwolf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Tarrax Ironwolf »

Will do! :D

UPDATE: The email has been sent. *rubs hands in excitement*
"We played Dungeons & Dragons for three hours! Then I was slain by an elf." -- Homer Simpson

Dragynn (My new AD&D gaming blog)
slade88green
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by slade88green »

Why oh why couldn't TSR have released this, and saved me all this work?
Yeah...Undermountain 2 all over again or even worse, stardock...... that's why they didn't continue. It's for the best.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

I actually liked The Lost Level, and Maddgoth's Castle was ok (I prefer to change a lot about it but the concept was cool). Stardock? Stupidest module adventure ever written! :x

slade88green
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by slade88green »

Lol. I ran the lost level about 2 years ago. The group had a wannabe necromancer mage that raised a bunch of skeletons to try to get by the beholders. The rest of the group wanted to go another way as they were rightfully afraid of the beholders. Well, the mage marched his skeletons in to the attack. He stood there with his mouth hanging open when the elder orb hit the skeletons with a chain lightning spell then hit him with a flesh to stone ray. The rest of the group ran. They came back later to use the mages statue to prop open the portcullis to the left of the beholder room. Good times!
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

ROTFLMAO!