Spells completed!

Public discussion of the extensive development of new levels in the Ruins of Undermountain.

Moderator: Thorn Blackstone

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Spells completed!

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Well, I just wrapped up all the new spells this evening! :D

Ruins of Undermountain III: The Deadly Levels will feature 36 all-new spells. And none of those silly extension spells or variant fluff. I mean new stuff! :wink:

There are both priest and wizard spells, every level from 2nd level spells to 9th level spells. Didn't have any good 1st level spells so include, so I left those out. Eh. Maybe I'll add a few if I come across some I like from my earlier writings or think of one by chance.

Anyway, there is a good mix of spells from each level (except 1st), and I tried to keep a good balance of wizard and priest spells. Overall, there are 20 new wizard spells and 16 new priest spells including one quest spell (ie one quest level spell, as they appear in the Tome of Magic).

I tried to keep them useful, interesting, and different/creative.

Arcturia dominates Level 7, and she is the master of polymorphing spells. Therefore, we are including some of her personal spells which are, as indicated in the original Ruins of Undermountain, "strange, dangerous spells allowing minute and skillful polymorphing of living bodies". :twisted:

The spells are in Varl's expert hands now, being proofed to make sure we got the ranges, spheres, schools of magic, and other details perfect.

I think you're all gonna enjoy these spells. With names like flesh meld, hemorrhage, eternal peace (oh how ironic!) and Darkrune's Rain of Terror, the spells of RoUIII are gonna make your game a whole lot more interesting! :twisted:
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Tarrax Ironwolf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Re: Spells completed!

Post by Tarrax Ironwolf »

Awesome! I love seeing and using new spells in my game world. I look forward to seeing what these lovely little prestidigitation's have to offer.
Halaster Blackcloak wrote:I think you're all gonna enjoy these spells. With names like flesh meld, hemorrhage, eternal peace (oh how ironic!) and Darkrune's Rain of Terror, the spells of RoUIII are gonna make your game a whole lot more interesting! :twisted:
On a side note, when I read this and came across hemorrhage I misread it and thought it said hemorrhoid. To be honest, that alone if it was spell, it would be exceedingly difficult for a caster to cast spells when afflicted with the case. :twisted:
"We played Dungeons & Dragons for three hours! Then I was slain by an elf." -- Homer Simpson

Dragynn (My new AD&D gaming blog)
Varl
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Varl »

Heh Tarrax.
Tired of clone MMOs? So are we!
http://trialsofascension.com/