Project UPDATE (8/21/2008)

Public discussion of the extensive development of new levels in the Ruins of Undermountain.

Moderator: Thorn Blackstone

Doirche

Project UPDATE (8/21/2008)

Post by Doirche »

Well I know it's been a while since an update was posted and I wish I had more to add to the last one but the reality is many of the development team members have been stuck with RL issues lately.

I will speak for myself in saying that I have been EXTREMELY busy for the last two months but I have managed to crank out the sub-level map for this release since the last update so progress is being made there. Also the map for Level 8 "The Slime Level" is at 99% completion. Wow, I wish I could show you all a preview but we have to keep SOMETHING secret don't we? :D

Level 7 is 100% complete and in fact I will post a copy of it in this thread shortly as it has changed since the first time it was posted.

Progress is also being made on the "dungeon dressing" cards for this release.

Also, a "little bird" told me that the room descriptions for level 7 are nearly complete and that playtesting will soon begin. I am looking forward to the results of that! =)

All in all, I wish we were further along than what we are, but we have to face the reality of things. Since the BIP inception, it has been our focus to provide high quality products that cost ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to anyone who wishes to download them. We are volunteers who have a passion for "old-school" Dungeons and Dragons and will stop at nothing to ensure the general public is satisfied with what we have to offer!

Till next update....

-Doirche
Cartographer and Project Leader
Ruins of Undermountain III Project
Algolei
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Algolei »

Yay! 8)
Varl
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Varl »

I am your loyal servant. :lol:
Tired of clone MMOs? So are we!
http://trialsofascension.com/
Lance Hawvermale
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by Lance Hawvermale »

I just dropped in for an update today, and lo and behold, a fine update, indeed. Keep up the great work!
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Real life sucks. :evil:

But yeah, working on finishing off the last of the Level 7 room descriptions.

The art? Let's not talk about the art. I don't want to have to put a gun in my mouth! :shock: :roll: #@
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Minstrel
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Minstrel »

Halaster Blackcloak wrote: The art? Let's not talk about the art. I don't want to have to put a gun in my mouth! :shock: :roll: #@
At the risk of inducing suicide, I found this site today: http://yirmumah.com/

It's cartoon style art, but the guy literally (and I mean actual "literally", not the way they use "literally" now to mean "not actually literally") draws anything for $2. If you needed a few less serious type b&w inserts, it might be a good deal. He seems to do bigger scale commissions also, but I don't know what the range of his talent/price is.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Cocking the hammer on the gun right now. :lol:

:twisted:

Sigh. I have just no luck with artists.
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Tarrax Ironwolf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Tarrax Ironwolf »

Buy me a scanner and I'll see what I can do for you. :D
"We played Dungeons & Dragons for three hours! Then I was slain by an elf." -- Homer Simpson

Dragynn (My new AD&D gaming blog)
Algolei
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Algolei »

Minstrel wrote:At the risk of inducing suicide, I found this site today: http://yirmumah.com/
LOLskies! :lol: I gotta share that!