Low-cost way to print the maps!

Public discussion of the extensive development of new levels in the Ruins of Undermountain.

Moderator: Thorn Blackstone

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Low-cost way to print the maps!

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Well everyone, Doirche came through with a fantastic find! We have a source that can print up the poster maps for RoUII: The Deadly Levels at a very low cost! :D

Kinko's quoted him $12 per square foot and quoted me $8 per square foot. I guess it depends on which city you're in or something. But even if I had them printed up here at the local Kinko's at the $8/sq.ft. price, that would come to $36.82 for the Level 7 map and $73.64 for the double-sized Level 8 map. Then you gotta remember there's another full sized sub-level map coming, so that brings it up to $147.28 to print all 4 maps! :shock:

If you're in an area where it's $12/sq.ft., that means $220.80 to print all 4 maps! :shock: :shock: Ouch!

Well, Doirche found a place that can print them up from the PDF file for a lot less. Here it is:

http://www.shop.gamer-printshop.com/main.sc

Here's the price list:

http://www.shop.gamer-printshop.com/cat ... egoryId=10

The price for a single-sized Undermountain map is just $18, and for a double sized map it's $36. So if you print all 4 maps for RoUII: The Deadly Levels, that comes to just $72 total. About half the price!

What's cool is that they can add lamination for the single maps for $6 and for the double map for $12.

What's even better is that unlike Level 3 from the original box set, the double-sized map for Level 8 can be printed as one giant map! No Forgotten Realms border cutting in-between to throw off the visual aspect. Nice! :twisted:

So thanks, Doirche, for this cool find! I'm definitely going to be printing up the maps for myself. I'm also going to have the text stuff printed up in color and bound, and then I'm making a box for it so I can store it with my other box sets! :D
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Be sure to take pictures of each box next to each other from various views (front, back, sides, top/bottom).
At the edge of madness, he will show no sadness
Never broken, he'll be back for more
Proven under fire, over trench and wire
No fear of death, he's unshakeable
Forged for the war, he's unbreakable
Xyzchyx
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by Xyzchyx »

Wow, that's quite a find Hal. If I bought a pdf map from rpgnow.com, would they print it up for me in large format, or will they only print stuff that comes directly from the copyright holder? No mention of whether or not their costs include shipping, or how much they charge for international shipping.
Doirche

Post by Doirche »

They will print anything you send to them.

I hear ya on the shipping and handling, I need to investigate that myself.

-D