Ruins of Undermountain III becomes reality!

Public discussion of the extensive development of new levels in the Ruins of Undermountain.

Moderator: Thorn Blackstone

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Ruins of Undermountain III becomes reality!

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Well folks, as we speed ahead with Ruins of Undermountain III: The Deadly Levels, it is quickly becoming reality! For those who are wondering if we're really making progress, I offer this picture of our highly skilled cartographer, Doirche, holding the map to Level 7 printed out at full size!

I am just freaking blown away with how well Doirche has done this map. Just absolutely perfect! I compared this to the originals, and it's not only equal to them, but I daresay better! And infinitely better than those crappy maps from the second box set. Be prepared...when I get to re-doing that awful second box set (ie Levels 5 & 6), I have some ideas for it that are just light years beyond what was previously published.

The rooms for Level 7 are about half-way written now, and we have some leads on a few artists. So work is moving full steam ahead. I set a deadline for the end of the year, but seriously, I can see this coming out at the end of summer at this rate! :shock: :D

I am 2/3rds done with the map for Level 8, which I will be wrapping up tonight. It's a double-sized map, placed side-by-side (as opposed to Level 3 where it connects top to bottom). You will not believe the sheer immensity of Level 8! :shock: :twisted:

I also have a handful of written material ready to transcribe for Level 8, so Level 8 will move along even more quickly than Level 7 is now!

Stay tuned for more news soon! :wink:
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

radwizard
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by radwizard »

That is just Kick A@@!!!! Hal, that is just awsome!!!!
That which does not kill us, makes us stronger
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Indeed it is! Thanks Radwizard! :wink:

Wait till you see what Level 8 looks like, being double-sized! Oh man, it's freaking me out as I draw it! It's as if the map is drawing itself and I'm just its instrument. I'm stoked, to say the least!

McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Holy crap! That's a kick ass map. Good job!
At the edge of madness, he will show no sadness
Never broken, he'll be back for more
Proven under fire, over trench and wire
No fear of death, he's unshakeable
Forged for the war, he's unbreakable
Doirche

Post by Doirche »

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. :D

It will be interesting to see what the folks over at Dragonsfoot have to say about the map now that Jared Synn has went and posted it there as well.

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... c&start=30
Minstrel
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Minstrel »

Damn wow, nice job both of you! Any idea how much something that size would cost to have printed at a Kinkos type place?

Nice triple screen setup Doirche.
Doirche

Post by Doirche »

Minstrel wrote:Damn wow, nice job both of you! Any idea how much something that size would cost to have printed at a Kinkos type place?

Nice triple screen setup Doirche.
Kinko's has told Halaster one thing, and me another, but you're looking at between 8 to 12 dollars per square foot to have it printed out. The public release .PDF of the maps will have the full poster map as well as individual 8.5 X 11 sheets that you can print at home and assemble if you prefer.

That "triple screen setup" is actually my station at work :shock: /shhhhhhh
Varl
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Varl »

Nice work, Doirche! That's a spicy meatball! /The Mask

8)
Tired of clone MMOs? So are we!
http://trialsofascension.com/
Jared Synn
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by Jared Synn »

A couple of Halaster's whiney enemies started their usual shit, but that was expected. Looks like overall though, there was a lot of support and praise for it. I noticed that people were surprised that everything was free. Free is a good thing, in most people's eyes! :)
radwizard
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by radwizard »

Jared Synn wrote:A couple of Halaster's whiney enemies started their usual shit, but that was expected. Looks like overall though, there was a lot of support and praise for it. I noticed that people were surprised that everything was free. Free is a good thing, in most people's eyes! :)
Yah, that changes alot of peoples minds when they realize things are free, :lol:
That which does not kill us, makes us stronger
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Here's a close up look, I forgot to post it...

Doirche

Post by Doirche »

Just wanted to to let everyone know that the initial design for Level 8 has been completed by Halaster and I have begun to construct it in Illustrator. Progress is being made, rest assured, and we'll try to post regular updates as they occur.

:D