Other Undermountain Campaign Ideas

Public discussion of the extensive development of new levels in the Ruins of Undermountain.

Moderator: Thorn Blackstone

McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Other Undermountain Campaign Ideas

Post by McDeath »

I was reading a thread on DF and one player talked about how he incorporated the A1-4 series with Skullport. I was sitting back and thinking.... "ooh, that is nasty." It would definitely need tweaking but I think I may use that idea in my own campaigns. Anyone have any other nifty UM splicing ideas they plan on doing for their own campaign?
radwizard
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by radwizard »

Well, lets see.....other than the normal linkings between UM and Myth Drannor, I also linked it to the D series. I used the D series as the city that the Drow came from in the Skullport module, it was work getting the players there....lots and lots of side treks, but it did work out. U can't use the normal player hooks with this type of scenario, but it can work.
That which does not kill us, makes us stronger
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

I like both your ideas. They'd fit in fine I think.

I once thought about putting the Labyrinth of Madness adventure in there as a sub-level.
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Halaster Blackcloak wrote:I like both your ideas. They'd fit in fine I think.

I once thought about putting the Labyrinth of Madness adventure in there as a sub-level.
You wouldn't be the only one thinking that. Baba Yaga's Hut could work too.
radwizard
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by radwizard »

Halaster Blackcloak wrote:I like both your ideas. They'd fit in fine I think.

I really like that idea :wink:
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

I'm not sure I'd want Baba Yaga's hut in Undermountain though. I love Baba Yaga's hut (and Baba Yaga!), don't get me wrong. But the hut being in Undermountain seems odd. It's more an outdoor artifact, and I don't think Baba Yaga would want to hang around there.

Then again, it would be kinda neat to have her inter-dimensional hut be a sub-level within a sub-level. Hmmm...McDeath, that might be a stroke of genius after all! :twisted:

Blackmote
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Blackmote »

I've never worked on this idea, but always had it rattling around in the back of my cobweb-laden mind: incorporating the Temple of Elemental Evil into the second level of UnderMountain. Those large empty temple areas just beg for that classic module! But instead of Zuggtmoy as the end foe, why not an aspect of Moander?! :twisted:

by the way, never gave it any thought before but the A1-4 series in Skullport is a great idea in my opinion! *two thumbs up*

~Hoyt.
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

I always thought Zuggy and Monader would make great husband & wife.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Blackmote's been reading my mind, because I was thinking the same thing the other night. :wink: It would be cool to locate the Temple of Elemental Evil somewhere in UM. With all those elemental nodes and Halaster's constant tinkering with gates, it'd fit perfectly!

Jared Synn
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by Jared Synn »

For those who have incorporated Greyhawk stuff like ToEE and A1-4, how did it feel? Did it merge well, or did it feel a little odd? I've considered doing this, but wasn't sure if it would mesh well.
radwizard
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by radwizard »

Jared Synn wrote:For those who have incorporated Greyhawk stuff like ToEE and A1-4, how did it feel? Did it merge well, or did it feel a little odd? I've considered doing this, but wasn't sure if it would mesh well.
Really it merges quite well, u might have to change a name here or there, and of course the names of gods, but the EEG works really good as Ghaunadaur the drow god or as Moander whichever works best for ya in the campaign :) I've used GH stuff all over the Realms, to me it's alot easier incorporating GH material into the realms than it is DarkSun material.....and don't get me started on MERP, I just love puttng MERP material into the realms!!! :twisted:
Blackmote
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Blackmote »

Another generic campaign I had considered setting within UnderMountain's vast labyrinth would be the Rod of Seven Parts. Although I've never put it to paper, I have some ideas on how this could work. :twisted:

and no promises, but Doirche may find out how - if we're able to get our local campaign off the ground. :wink:
Nothing is so terrible that a huge red dragon can't make it just a hell of a lot worse.
-Dragon Magazine, issue #194, pg. 3