Chicago's best winter ever!

News about the website itself, announcements, etc.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Chicago's best winter ever!

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

No, not this year! :evil: A measly freaking 5" of snow total, and never more than 2" on the ground. Half normal if that!

But that wasn't the case in the Winter of 1978/1979! Look at this chart!

God how I missed that winter! 100 straight days with 1" or more on the ground, and most of those days we had mountains of snow!

But damn was it cold in '83! On Christmas Eve in 1982 we had 7+" of snow on the ground and the ambient air temp was -25 F, with a windchill of -82 F! It was like Antarctica! :shock:
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

We got that extreme cold blast for a week but since then it's been pretty decent.
RIP E. Gary Gygax- The DM's DM!
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

I'm especially bummed about not getting decent snow this year. Where I work security, there are lots of foreign students and many are from areas of China and India where it doesn't snow and they've never seen snow. So we decided to have a snowman making contest, like they had for Halloween wit the pumpkin carving contest. It's gonna suck if we end up doing it in March! :roll: :evil:

Last year really sucked. We got 18" of snow for the season (about half normal) but this consisted of an 11" snow early in November (very, very early) and I believe a 6" snow in March. So all of the actual winter season (December, January, February) we got a total of about 1-2". :evil:
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

Not a huge amount of snow yet but it's back under -5 F again today. :x
RIP E. Gary Gygax- The DM's DM!