Checking In -- Again

Discussion of OOP 1st & 2nd Edition products and rules, ie TSR AD&D material.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Checking In -- Again

Post by McDeath »

Thought I'd put up a thread for just checking in.

I will once again be heading back to Oregon. Texas was uh... OK. Damn hot in Corpus Christi an full of giant mosquitos. My body thermostat is probably permanently ruined. Houston atm feels like the arctic. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Always a family roller coaster ride of death for me.

BTW, I've still been looking for a damn copy of that module of the undead paladin.. Knight of the Living Dead. Bitch to find and not a single damn pdf copy to be found. Annoys me to no end along with a few role-aids supplements. Eh... If i get enough equity some day to spare I'll just buy one and bite the bullet for us and scan the fuck out of it. Stick it in a dropbox called FUCKING DEAD MUTHAFUCKA!!

ciao for now.
slade88green
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by slade88green »

That's one I don't have. Kinda pricey anymore too.
Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

Oregon should be nice this time of year. Good luck with your family!
RIP E. Gary Gygax- The DM's DM!
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Thanks. Well, rainy atm here. That whole series from Faerie mound to knight to gnomes to that space one are just special fighting fantasy or choose your own adventure games. With only 4 i suppose a failure overall but collectible.

The reference from undermountain boxed set drives Halaster more mad than he already is.
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Caught some nasty flu-like disease. Its nasty and after 5 fever nights i think i might be getting better. Finishing up work on applications for housing, health care, food stamps, and my disability claims for moving from corpus christi back to oregon.

If all goes well i may end up with my own small apartment with my tribe paying for the rent. Thats a bit off but paperwork is processing.

This "flu" is horrible. I feel like jubilex possesed my body. Oozing puss out my eyes, nose, mouth, (ears plugged and throbbing) headaches. Chills during day, FEVERS all night. Coughing up color olive slimed.

Blegh!

Pity health care sucks and this transition has left me in the nooks not covered. Banks empty... Bleh.

But Murmur in hellgate london says "things should be better. Cant get any worse."

Like i trust demons in games for advice.

Been thinking of the UM project. Always hope some progress is being made. Hope older members continue to visit the site and post. Its one of the fee ad free spam free troll free sites. And thats a good thing.
Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

Hang in there! Sounds like you're moving in the right direction at least.
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

I have seen so much phlan material lately i am considering working on my old sandbox of MegaRuins dungeon. Not Phlan canon but i love ruin and city adventures:
Pools of radiance (ruins of adventure)
Wizards crown
Alternate Reality
Jakandor with random ruins
Bardstale

Who doesnt like kicking open some doors only to be set upon by rabid dogs and crazy halflings while some assassains think about cutting you from behind.

Ah wacky ruins.
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Came across a lot of .prc novels for forgotten realms including the heroes of phlan and finders stone trilogies.

I also have an 11 hour mp3 reading of Pools of radiance book.

Still considering buying knight of living dead and that faerie queen book. Cost a pretty penny though. Bought rick and morty season 1 instead since i already have season 2.
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Waiting on gnomes and top secret catacombs quest to arrive. Also waiting on bro in law for scanner. I've been working in the field so much that i havent had time to get a scanner/printer. Thinking laser here.

Still no word from Hal. I will eventually get these scanned and uploaded. Ridiculous the price on some. I got pretty good copies thus far.
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

That looks pretty slick. I haven't really used optical scanners much. On occasion I've used my flatbed scanner to do a document or two but that's about it.
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

My old flatbed only works with win98se and earlier. Never worked with xp and is impossible to hook up to my 2015 laptop. My dad says he has a newer flatbed around but some books you just don't want to pull open like that.

The wand seems inexpensive at 43-72$ about.
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

I'm beginning to wonder if Hal is still with us in the living. My mind wondered if he was Clangador but i dont think so. I really dont see too many members post at all.

Anyways, got Final Bug in the mail and damn this was practically shrinkwrap new. The casefiles are even unopened. Just waiting on Gnomes 100 Dragons 0 now. Still disappointed faerie mound was missing a character. Demian's website and another had some jpgs of them but its not as crisp printed as the image isnt top quality. Usable and i did print it on cardstock printer paper.

Probably wont be til november until i get out to get a proper scanner.
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

And BAM the last one of Gnomes 100 Dragons 0 just arrived ... in a big BOX? WTH? ah well. Now that damn scanner.
Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

Things have been slow here lately. I'm not sure why. I suppose the first obvious issue is that with every passing year the "real AD&D" fades into history a bit more. Those of us that were into it from the beginning are getting older and dying off, retiring or moving on from gaming. It's a lot harder as you get older to make the time and get folks together to play.

Summer is also not a great time for forums. The kids are returning to school now so I suppose summer is winding down but people are still cramming activities into the nice weather we have left.

Lastly it seems like social media sites like Facebook and the like are replacing forums for lots of people. I don't use them myself but lots of folks spend their whole day there.

Hopefully Hal is alive and kicking! :lol: Last I heard he was keeping pretty busy.

At least I check in at least every other day! 8)
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Yeah. Its sort of like sentry duty in an isolated post at the edge of madness. Dont see Mira, Varl, and others visiting. Then again, i was absent for ages.
Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

I expect the flock will mostly return to the fold eventually.
Mira
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Mira »

I pop in once in a while to see how things are going. I'm not dead yet! :D

Mira (To every exception there is a rule)
Tawnos76
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Tawnos76 »

I still come in to check on new posts
IXOYE
slade88green
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by slade88green »

I check in every once in a while with the hope of seeing a post about a finished product. I will keep checking.
Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

Good to see you all again!
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Good to know.
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Goodies left for Members of the Forum in the Council of Skulls Trading Post.
Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

I see, some very cool stuff there!