Which FR priesthood would be best against undead?

Public discussion of the extensive development of new levels in the Ruins of Undermountain.

Moderator: Thorn Blackstone

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Which FR priesthood would be best against undead?

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

I have a tribute I'm putting in, and need to retro-fit a cleric who was a hunter of vampires and undead. But now he has to fit standard Realm religion. Who would be the best god for him to worship?

Looking thru the books, Torm seems a good bet. The character was always armored and carried a powerful weapon.

I was also thinking of Horus from the Old Empires, but he wasn't really Egyptian style, so I prefer to use a specifically Realms-oriented god.

Which church would fit best? The cleric has dedicated his life to hunting undead, believing them to be a terrible plague on mankind. Ideas?
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

slade88green
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by slade88green »

If I was building a priest specifically to hunt undead it would be a specialty priest of Kelemvor or Lathander, both are very proficient at dealing with undead.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Somehow I totally overlooked Kelemvor. Not fond of the name, and they come off more like hospice workers, but then again they do seem to be the church most dedicated to eradicating undead, which best fits the character. The church of Lathander is too "gentle" for this character. :wink: :twisted:

I was also thinking about Helm, although they're not as fanatical about undead. So right now I guess it's gonna be either Helm or Kelemvor. Hmmm. :?
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!