Getting closer - good news!

Public discussion of the extensive development of new levels in the Ruins of Undermountain.

Moderator: Thorn Blackstone

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Getting closer - good news!

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Well, I am just a couple of rooms away from completing the sub-level! And it gets better. At the side job (security) I switched to 3rd shift so I'm up practically alone all night and able to write rooms. Better still, I FINALLY am getting a vacation! Two weeks off. Guess what I'll be doing a lot of during that time? No, not that! Shame on you! Dirty minds! :lol:

I'll be getting a LOT of writing done. I'm getting more exciting as I see this coming closer to being finished by the day.
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

Nice! Some R&R and a chance to work on something fun. Sounds like a win-win deal. 8)
RIP E. Gary Gygax- The DM's DM!
slade88green
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by slade88green »

Great news. I look forward to seeing the results.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Ran into a snag and had to re-write a handful of rooms for the sub-level. But it's damn near finished now. Just editing the last few rooms and putting it into final written form and it's done. Should be a few days now. :D

I had to add a few more new monsters. Good lord, this thing is going to be one monster of a release, no pun intended!

I've used each and every one of the 36 or so new monsters somewhere in the core rooms or areas of interest. Most of the magic items and spells have been placed as well.

Man, the further I get the more excited I get.

PROBLEMS

We're gonna definitely need a cartographer to update the maps into PDF and Illustrator formats.

We're gonna need an editor who can transfer Word to PDF and make it look perfect.

Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

Sounds like you're making good progress, even with the snags. :)
RIP E. Gary Gygax- The DM's DM!
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

I've already cracked the 200 page mark, considering the room descriptions, magic item, spell and monster write-ups, etc. The finished product may well hit 30 pages, depending on layout and font size. :shock: