[PREVIEW] Ruins of Undermountain III

Public discussion of the extensive development of new levels in the Ruins of Undermountain.

Moderator: Thorn Blackstone

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

[PREVIEW] Ruins of Undermountain III

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Hi everyone!

I'm going to combine all the previews for Ruins of Undermountain III: The Deadly Levels here in one thread to avoid clutter. I'll keep adding material to my original post here as it becomes available, so that it all appears in one post. Comments are welcome. So far, we have a preview of some of the art, a map, and soon to come will be previews of the dungeon dressing table cards and some of the interior work, ie the meat of it all...the written pages and room descriptions. So, enjoy!

Map - Level 7:

Art - Arcturia, Halaster's Apprentice:

The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Here's a rather sloppily assembled (by me, using Gimp) preview of the idea for the adventure booklet for RoUII:

That's Halaster's apprentice Arcturia and her bodyguards. Makes a ncie color pic, huh? :wink:

Here is another idea:

Who is that guy? What is he? A watchghost? A spectre? An illusion?

I'm not saying. :twisted:

But I like that cover!

Algolei
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Algolei »

Halaster Blackcloak wrote:Who is that guy? What is he? A watchghost? A spectre? An illusion?

I'm not saying. :twisted:
That's my uncle Mike. He always did have weird fingers. We called him "Wormfinger." The whole story is quite long, but the rest has been sealed by the courts. :wink:
Hegel
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by Hegel »

If I should choose one of the covers, I'd choose the second one, because it has more of a 2nd edition feel than the first one (which, by the way,it's great). If I may suggest another picture, I'd like to see something like the first cover, just environment, not people, because people may focus too much on the people on the cover, not on the setting. But it's great as it is.

All of the art will be original? 'Cause if it's not, I'd suggest using some Clyde caldwell, Larry Elmore or Jeff Easley picture.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Yup, all original art. :)

So far, the second cover seems to be the more popular of the two. Now I just gotta figure out the cover for the box set/main booklet. It has to be traditional, ie showing a hallway with something lurking in it. But I have some ideas. :twisted:

Hegel
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by Hegel »

Halaster Blackcloak wrote: It has to be traditional, ie showing a hallway with something lurking in it.
That's what I meant. :)