Need another proof reader

Public discussion of the extensive development of new levels in the Ruins of Undermountain.

Moderator: Thorn Blackstone

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Need another proof reader

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Ok, we have only one proof reader right now, and that's Varl. We used to have 3, but the others disappeared into the Ethereal Plane. :roll:

Who else wants to be a proof reader? Gotta have good grammar and spelling skills, and an eye for writing and all the little things that may need a tweak here or there. LMK.
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Xyzchyx
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by Xyzchyx »

You know, saying that two out of your last three proofreaders disappeared into the ethereal plane may not be the wisest thing to mention when trying to find replacements. :)
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

LOL! :lol:

It's true though. They just fell off the face of the earth, never to be heard from again! I'm chaining all new developers down though, so we can't lose them. :twisted:

Blackmote
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Blackmote »

I'm at your beck & call.

I had mentioned when I first signed up on the forums that I could assist with the proofreading. But then I never heard anything more from you. :P I didn't want to be a pest. I was figuring you would send me something when you needed work done. heh.

But seriously, my current 'job' has me doing just that - analyzing documents for changes. So this type of work is right up my alley. 8)

Besides... something has to keep me occupied until Doirche teaches me his mapping method (before he goes insane). :wink:

oh, and remember I had also stated that I would be happy to help with the 'random dungeon' room description cards. So I'm ready to assist with that as well if you still need it.
Nothing is so terrible that a huge red dragon can't make it just a hell of a lot worse.
-Dragon Magazine, issue #194, pg. 3
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Blackmote, once Varl finishes his proof reading, I'll forward it to you for the second level of proofing. Do you and Varl both know how to insert comments into a document?

Algolei
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Algolei »

I WANT to be a proofreader. Hell, I can't read anything without complaining about poor spelling and/or grammar! (I'm old....)

But I don't know the proper format for inserting comments into a document so I'd need directions. :wink:
Varl
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Varl »

Halaster Blackcloak wrote:Blackmote, once Varl finishes his proof reading, I'll forward it to you for the second level of proofing. Do you and Varl both know how to insert comments into a document?
I know how.
Tired of clone MMOs? So are we!
http://trialsofascension.com/
Varl
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Varl »

There's a toolbar you can place up on top that has commenting included in it. I don't know about Word 2007. I have it on my computer at home, but it's interface is completely different from 2002 or so.
Tired of clone MMOs? So are we!
http://trialsofascension.com/