Welcome to the new BIP home!

The Vault of BIP...for old outdated message threads. Searchable, and you can post replies if you like.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Welcome to the new BIP home!

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Just wanted to welcome everyone to the new home of the BIP Project...undermountain.org! :D

I'm going to be expanding the undermountain.org domain to include some specific new material, and I'll announce that as I get around to getting things up and running.

In the meantime, welcome back, and please post any ideas or suggestions you have. :wink:
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Varl
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Varl »

As mentioned in PM, if anyone decides or likes to go with the Chronicles layout and colors, I recommend changing the input text colors to the golden colors used by the links at the top of this website. Black text is very difficult to read on this blue, stone textured background. FWIW.

Edit: Although, now that I've typed a reply, I see that the reply window in a thread is of a lighter colored blue....hmm.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

The Chronicles template is the same one used at the Acaeum, and the only parchment style I could find. But I didn't want us to look like a clone of the Acaeum, so I took out that hideous wooden background for starters. :x

Then I figured I'd go with a more bluish parchment style, which is in tune with the paper used in the original Undermountain box set. I'm having trouble tweaking it though. :evil:

Varl
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Varl »

Are you seeing the same thing as me? My post backgrounds are lighter blue than yours. Are yours light blue or the same darker blue? I ask because the golden text idea views better on the darker blue background than on the lighter blue of my last post.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

I had it set so it alternated with lighter and darker blues. I re-set to a gold them. Here's a link to screen caps of both the gold and the blue themes:

Personally, I'd prefer the blue, if I could get the font colors changed. What do the rest of you think?

Mira
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Mira »

I'm pretty sure if you take the saturation level down -50 in the blue background gif, you can get it looking fairly decent. I took the images above, and lowered the overall down to that and it looked a lot better to me. I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of toning down the color to make it work.

Mira (Teamwork is vital... it gives you someone to blame)
Rhuvein
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by Rhuvein »

Howdy.

The new forum looks great, Hal. 8)
Zherbus
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Zherbus »

Juuuuust checkin' in! Looks great!
LeSong
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

It's Alive!!!

Post by LeSong »

As many times as you are raising this from the ashes...you may have to add a.k.a the phoenix to your title!
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

LeSong wrote:
As many times as you are raising this from the ashes...you may have to add a.k.a the phoenix to your title!
:lol:

Yeah, it sure feels that way sometimes!