What happened to ADNDCampaigns.com?

The Vault of BIP...for old outdated message threads. Searchable, and you can post replies if you like.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

orgcandman
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

What happened to ADNDCampaigns.com?

Post by orgcandman »

I've been trying for the past month or so to get onto ADDC, but can't seem to get there. Does anyone know what's going on? Is it down for everyone?

-Aaron
Varl
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Varl »

Its been dead for me for the same amount of time. I emailed Halaster to have him ask Zherbus what's going on, but so far, no word. I hope Z had backed up.
orgcandman
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by orgcandman »

I have tried emailing / PMing Z on various accounts, but haven't gotten a reply.

-Aaron
Varl
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Varl »

That's really strange. You'd think he'd at least contact his mods and let them know what happened. I hope he's alright.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

I've been worried about Zherbus as well. I haven't gotten into ADDC for about two months now. I emailed Zherbus and sent him a PM from BIP, but no response. Does anyone have other contact info for him?
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Varl
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Varl »

I don't. ADDC has been down for so long, I removed it from my tabs. I hope Z's okay. It's odd for someone to just drop off the face of the internet like that without at least letting someone know.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Just an additional note, that I mentioned on another thread. Does anyone remember the URL for the Bloodstone Lands Project wiki thing that Zherbus set up? Is it still active?

Also, Aaron, I edited the thread title so that more people would recognize the site we're talking about. I hope you don't mind. I'm just hoping it attracts some more attention and maybe gets us an answer. :?

Also, I made it a sticky thread because I really hope we can find out if Zherbus is alright. I'm more concerned that some sort of catastrophe happened to him than I am concerned that the website disappeared.

Zherbus
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Zherbus »

I'm well and alive. Last I was really active was right before I moved, and still RPG'ing on a somewhat regular basis. Since moving to GA, my RPG life has dried up. As for ADnDCampaigns, I didn't have any time to do much of anything on the projects I started (and still have). Minstrel/Don should still have his Bloodstone stuff somewhere, but I know that when I left New Hampshire his RPG'ing dipped off too.

Hopefully that'll change soon when I go back for a visit!

Actually, I unearthed my RPG books and started thinking about working on some C&C stuff since working on stuff is all I can do for now.

Wish me luck in trying to find a old school group. All I've seen down here is 3tards.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Zherbus! You're alive! :D

Damn, glad to see everything is ok! What happened to ADNDCampaigns.com? Do you have any backups of it? We had lots of great threads there.

Glad to see you back! :wink:

Hope you can find some old school gamers. I had a link to a database for AD&D players looking for games by state, but it's on my crashed hard drive, so I'm not sure where the URL is.

McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

I tried to access the site via Zherbus' link in his sig on DF with no luck. It seems it was absorbed by some internet add.

http://www.adndcampaigns.com/forums
Zherbus
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Zherbus »

Oh, I stopped paying for it so it got shut down. I just wasn't even THINKING about the site for months at a time, so it just went. I don't have backups either. :(
Varl
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Varl »

Someone still owns the domain.
Tired of clone MMOs? So are we!
http://trialsofascension.com/
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Damn. I know that if I can recover the data off my old hard drive, I do have a lot of posts saved from there, perhaps even entire pages. We'll see, since I'm contacting the tech guy at the end of the month to see if we can recover it.

radwizard
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by radwizard »

Zherbus wrote:Since moving to GA, my RPG life has dried up. .
I know there are some people down in GA that game, I've met a few in Savannah, I don't know what part ur in, but if ur in that part of the state let me know and I'll see if i can't get ahold of some of the people that I met down there.
That which does not kill us, makes us stronger
Blackmote
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Blackmote »

Zherbus wrote:...Since moving to GA, my RPG life has dried up.

Wish me luck in trying to find a old school group. All I've seen down here is 3tards.
where are you located in GA? I live about 32 miles west of Atlanta as the crow flies (about a 45-50 minute drive from downtown in moderate traffic). And I have just contacted a group that will begin a monthly 2E Forgotten Realms game very soon. They are about 30 miles east/NE of me in the Kennesaw and Sandy Plains area northwest of Atlanta.

Let me know if you're in the metro area.

Thanks,

~Hoyt.
Doirche

Post by Doirche »

I live in Lilburn, GA. Just 15-20 minutes from downtown.
Zherbus
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Zherbus »

I have the database dumps from the site now. Including Forum and Wiki stuff.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Excellent! Zherbus, please tell me you can re-create the site! If need be, you can use the Undermountain.org server for free! :wink:

Minstrel
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Minstrel »

That's most awesome. If you ever decide to bring it back online let me know. I'd be willing to volunteer some time on the content (non forum) page work.
Zherbus
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Zherbus »

No rush (especially because I am not sure when I'd be able to get it done), but if you made a subdir /ADnDCampaigns, I should be able to run from there. The only worry is that you have enough access to seperate databases to make that work for re-initializing SMF.
Zherbus
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Zherbus »

Almost...

I have to rewrite a script to compile the forums and then all will be revealed.. . that's already been revealed... but it will be revealed again!

If anyone wants anything specific before a few days are up, let me know so I can parse my DB for it.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Zherbus, did you need to put it on Undermountain.org, or did you mean you were putting it on Minstrel's blog?

Either way, I'd love to see the post about paladin/assassins and the debate at Planet'tard, if you can find them. Especially my summary of the debate.

Zherbus
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Zherbus »

http://adndcampaigns.orcforge.net/index.php

Disabled new members. Email notifications (including emails for passwords) aren't working yet. Posts are all there though.
jeffx
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by jeffx »

Zherbus wrote:http://adndcampaigns.orcforge.net/index.php

Disabled new members. Email notifications (including emails for passwords) aren't working yet. Posts are all there though.
There is some interesting reading there. Thanks.
Minstrel
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Minstrel »

Woohoo!

A big thanks to Zherbus for all the work he put in getting the database back in working order so we could have access to all those old discussions.