[Art Preview] - Introducing...the all-new Arcturia!

The Vault of BIP...for old outdated message threads. Searchable, and you can post replies if you like.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

[Art Preview] - Introducing...the all-new Arcturia!

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Ok folks, here we go! I promised you all an art preview since you've already seen the map preview. Here it is!

As you all know, Arcturia was one of Halaster's apprentices, once of the Original Seven. She was described in Ruins of Undermountain, but never developed beyond that, nor was she ever shown (ie no art was done for her) in any release from TSR.

Well, that's been remedied. :twisted:

Our new artist, Jason, has perfectly captured her essence. Without further ado, here is the all new, freshly designed Arcturia!

The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Jared Synn
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by Jared Synn »

Daaaaammmnn!!! :shock:

Oh man, I'm stoked! I just posted a link for this over at DF.

Halaster, you keep me up too late with these late-night phone consults, but we do seem to get a lot of work done in the wee hours so I guess I can't complain! :wink: :lol:

I've been tapped to join in developing the random card rooms with the rest of the development team, so that's cool! :D

Wow, the art is freaking me out! Just utterly ass kicking! I saw some of the other art too, and it's just mind-blowing! Just unreal!
Minstrel
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Minstrel »

I like the use of the black & white art. For some reason I always liked that more than the full color pics in 2e.

Hal - if you're still interested in giving out a sneak peak, let me know when one of those random room dressing cards is done, I think that'd be a great preview!
Doirche

Post by Doirche »

Minstrel wrote:I like the use of the black & white art. For some reason I always liked that more than the full color pics in 2e.

Hal - if you're still interested in giving out a sneak peak, let me know when one of those random room dressing cards is done, I think that'd be a great preview!
Why don't you join the development team Minstrel and help us write them!
Minstrel
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Minstrel »

I'd love to, but I'm afraid I'd turn into one of those developers that offers a lot and can't contribute much. Most of the free time I get I'm trying to put into my review site, adding new features and hopefully getting some members! (which a preview of RoUIII would be sure to do I hope)
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Not to worry. We'll be getting to the cards soon. I was thinking of having a sticky thread for RoUIII where we have reviews of everything there. In other words, I'll post a link showing the map of Level 7, some of the art, a dungeon card, and a page from the book. Maybe a monster compendium page. That way, it's like a smorgasbord review...a bit of this, a bit of that. :)
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Algolei
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Algolei »

Minstrel wrote:I like the use of the black & white art. For some reason I always liked that more than the full color pics in 2e.
Yes! :D Yes yes yes yes yes!