ATTN: Mira - Main site not aligned?

The Vault of BIP...for old outdated message threads. Searchable, and you can post replies if you like.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

ATTN: Mira - Main site not aligned?

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Jared just noticed that the main site is aligned to the left of the screen, not the center. I noticed that also, once I got my widescreen monitor with the new computer.

Mira, is there any way to figure out why it's doing that?

Also, Mira, can you do the code for the links from the mainpage so that when someone clicks "Downloads" they can download the various projects we have?

I still gotta do a links page and the FAQ. Most of that is written, we just need to load it up.
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Mira
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Mira »

It's been that way for a while, remember it was discussed a while back? And a way to make it work right was done (not by me) but nothing was done about it. Go back and look at the thread about the main front page :)

The code for it to link to a links page is already in there, just need to create that page. Same for the other pages. I can throw something together for the downloads if you want, but it really is pretty simple coding :) Probably should take the images used for the Tome of Monsters and build on that as far as the background?

Mira (Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer)
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Mira, I looked back at that thread, and Unther posted a link to this site (not sure what it is...an archive site?):

http://robbieab.com/bip/bip.html

It's centered there, using both IE7 and Firefox. But the actual main site:

http://www.undermountain.org/bip.html

is aligned to the left. I didn't see the solution posted in that thread though. So how do we fix it?

Also, the linked pages (FAQ, Downloads, Links) should use the same background and banner as the main page.

For the downloads page, I figured we'd have a small/medium pic of the cover of each download (Caves of Sydwall, RuOIII, etc) and next to it some info about it (edition, size of download, number of pages, suggested PC levels, etc). You'd just click on a "Download" link written under the pic.

I can send you the FAQ, the list of linked sites (with blurbs for each), and the downloads we already have online, we just need to put the links up. LMK if there's anything else you need. Thanks Mira! :wink:
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Mira
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Mira »

What we do to fix it is save the code from Unther's page and replace the main page with that code :) He figured out how to center it, we just have to copy that code (from View Page Source) and point the pictures and links to the right places. I can do that with the rest of the stuff. I assume you'll get the images you want used in an email? Or should I just grab what I can from the existing pages?

Mira (If a chronic liar tells you he is a chronic liar do you believe him?)
Mira
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Mira »

I have sent you an update with what I could find, it should flesh out the rest of the site, even if there are no links on the links page yet.

Mira (If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, do the other trees make fun of it?)