Atlanta UnderMountain Campaign

The Vault of BIP...for old outdated message threads. Searchable, and you can post replies if you like.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Blackmote
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Atlanta UnderMountain Campaign

Post by Blackmote »

alright... I'm quite jealous of the Chicago area games that Halaster himself is involved in right now. hmph! :P Because the pending monthly AD&D 2E campaign I was supposed to become involved in is just that - pending. *sigh*

And according to a few posts elsewhere on these forums there appears to be more than one person [me] based around the metro Atlanta, GA region. So I would like to dangle the proverbial carrot and ask if anyone would be interested in a monthly AD&D 2E UnderMountain campaign?

I am one of those old-school AD&D player/DM types who would be thrilled to gather 4-6 players once a month at a central location to go delving into the greatest dungeon of them all. Anyone brave - or foolish - enough to traverse the Halls? :twisted:

I could possibly gather at least two folks who do not frequent these forums for this potential campaign. So from 2-4 more players would be great! I could be available for 6+ hours on a Friday night; or else for 8+ hours on a Saturday during the afternoon/evening time.

I look forward to hearing from you. I can PM my email addy and/or phone number as necessary. Thanks!

~Hoyt.
Nothing is so terrible that a huge red dragon can't make it just a hell of a lot worse.
-Dragon Magazine, issue #194, pg. 3
Doirche

Post by Doirche »

/em swallows the carrot whole and takes off some of the arm too. :shock:

I live in Lilburn and would be more than willing to drive an hour or so in any direction for a good UM campaign. :D
Blackmote
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Blackmote »

:shock: *studies blood spurting from nub of the arm*

wow, I need bigger carrots. :?

:lol:

Doirche, look for a PM from me. And thanks for the fast (and somewhat painful) repsonse. heh heh.

anyone else?

*feels faint from blood loss*

:oops:
Nothing is so terrible that a huge red dragon can't make it just a hell of a lot worse.
Zherbus
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Zherbus »

I like up I-85, about 20 minutes north of the perimeter. I am into any AD&D edition and C&C.
Blackmote
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Blackmote »

Zherbus wrote:I...up I-85, about 20 minutes north of the perimeter. I am into any AD&D edition and C&C.
yeah, I noticed over on Dragonsfoot that your location says Lawrenceville. Of course I didn't notice that until after I PM'd you. heh.

And it appears that you and Doirche are in the same general area. I am over on the west side. But if it means getting a great group together for once a month old school AD&D gaming, I'll be there with bells on. :mrgreen:
Blackmote
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Blackmote »

My plan is coming together!
Blackmote
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Blackmote »

We're starting to look at setting a start date, time, and location for this campaign. Zherbus - would you be interested in a good old-fashioned, old-school UnderMountain dungeon crawl?

I'm going to put some feelers out again on the Atlanta thread on Dragonsfoot. So far we have myself as the DM and two players. I would like to have 4 players minimum; 5 is a nice odd number; 6 would be plenty.

I'll keep you all updated here. 8)

Thanks!
Blackmote
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Blackmote »

I now have my 4 player minimum. I also have one tentative player who I know outside of these and the Dragonsfoot forums. So I still have room for one more. :twisted:
Zherbus
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Zherbus »

Blackmote wrote:We're starting to look at setting a start date, time, and location for this campaign. Zherbus - would you be interested in a good old-fashioned, old-school UnderMountain dungeon crawl?

I'm going to put some feelers out again on the Atlanta thread on Dragonsfoot. So far we have myself as the DM and two players. I would like to have 4 players minimum; 5 is a nice odd number; 6 would be plenty.

I'll keep you all updated here. 8)

Thanks!
I'm fine with that. I'm doing a lot of travel right now and won't be really settled in until June. I should be around all of April, but that could change. I'm definitely gone 3 weeks in may.
Blackmote
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Blackmote »

Zherbus wrote:I'm fine with that. I'm doing a lot of travel right now and won't be really settled in until June. I should be around all of April, but that could change. I'm definitely gone 3 weeks in may.
I'll keep you in the loop then and keep a chair open for the time being. :)

Pretty soon - probably as early as a week from now, Halaster is going to set us up some forums for this Atlanta UnderMountain campaign. This will have several threads: house rules and general information for reference, a scheduling thread so that we can discuss our calendar, a play-by-post thread so that we may keep the action rolling in between actual meetings, and probably an off topic thread for us to discuss the game out of character.

I appreciate Halaster giving us a home for our game. Thanks! :D

more to come, stay tuned!

~Hoyt.
Zherbus
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Zherbus »

Truth be told, I *REALLY* like the combined play-by-post and live gaming idea. Never seen it done before.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Blackmote wrote:
Pretty soon - probably as early as a week from now, Halaster is going to set us up some forums for this Atlanta UnderMountain campaign.
Would yesterday work better? :wink: :lol:
I appreciate Halaster giving us a home for our game. Thanks!
You're very welcome. I look forward to seeing how the campaign progresses!
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Blackmote
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Blackmote »

Zherbus wrote:Truth be told, I *REALLY* like the combined play-by-post and live gaming idea. Never seen it done before.
yep, once we get underway we're going to give it a shot. 8)
Blackmote
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Blackmote »

Halaster Blackcloak wrote:Blackmote wrote:
Pretty soon - probably as early as a week from now, Halaster is going to set us up some forums for this Atlanta UnderMountain campaign.
Would yesterday work better? :wink: :lol:
Halaster Blackcloak wrote:I look forward to seeing how the campaign progresses!
me too! :mrgreen:
jeffx
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by jeffx »

Room for one more? Live in Johns Creek but would be willing to drive a reasonable distance for a once a month game. As long as it doesn't meet on the same Sunday's as my current game.

Jeff
Blackmote
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Blackmote »

jeffx wrote:Room for one more? Live in Johns Creek but would be willing to drive a reasonable distance for a once a month game. As long as it doesn't meet on the same Sunday's as my current game.

Jeff
yessir! I'll be in touch with details later this evening. :D