I got a new campaing going!

News about the website itself, announcements, etc.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

I got a new campaing going!

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Finally! My best friend, his sister, and his niece have decided to start gaming! We started the campaign (rolled up characters and took them through some test runs to show them how things work) on Saturday. :D

They're playing a barbarian, a Norse cleric, and an elven wizard. I'm going to play what I call a DM PC (an NPC that's used like a PC). I figured he'd be the thief, since nobody ever seems to want to play one ever since I started DMing 30 years ago! :shock:

We're all in our 30's and 40's except the teenaged niece, but she's brilliant! Very intelligent and lots of enthusiasm. My friend's sister is playing the barbarian chick, and it's a blast! Two female, two male characters. That's a first!

We're going to start the actual campaign (the sister and niece have never played AD&D before, so Saturday was just a practice game...though we did game until 1 AM! :shock: ) next week or the week after. The only problem is that it's quite far away. If we take the expressway and push beyond the speed limit by oh, 10mph or so :twisted: , it takes over an hour to drive there. And of course, scheduling issues. But we're shooting for twice a month. Which is good, because it leaves me plenty of time in-between to work on the BIP material and...

My other new campaign! :shock: :D

The same friend is going to help me resurrect our old 10 year long campaign set in Taladas (but 99.9% DM created). That way we can play that whenever we like as he lives about 15 minutes away in bad traffic. In that one, we're set to go to the Egyptian style land of Old Aurim to purify one of the magic items (long story), then we have to go rescue our followers, who were kidnapped back in 1999 by the Golgothans (a very evil nation ruled by a vampire lord) when the campaign ended. We'll be using the other PCs (from the players who left over the years) as NPCs. I wrote up 21 pages of adventure for next week.

So it looks like AD&D gaming is making a comeback for me! Yes! :D

And that gets my creative juices flowing like nothing else.

We might also be getting another player, but I'm gonna wait and see if he's serious.

In BIP news, all we need for the Undermountain Level 7 map to be done is for me to finish writing some new monsters so that I can get the wandering monster table to Doirche, and I have the Level 8 map finished. I'll soon have 20 more rooms ready to send to the proof-readers for Level 7. And my friend's niece may know an artist we can work with.

Not a bad way to jump into spring of 2008, huh? :D
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Mira
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Mira »

If the direction you're driving for that one game is north, then perhaps it might be close to me? I haven't played AD&D in a while, it would be nice to get into another game! :) And I'd be more than willing to play a rogue :)

We've been trying to sell the house for a while now, but we're still currently near Great America.

Mira (My mind is like a steel trap - rusty and illegal in 37 states)
radwizard
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by radwizard »

If that direction ur drivin' is south, when I'm back in the state, I'd game with ya. :)
That which does not kill us, makes us stronger
Varl
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Varl »

That's great news Halaster! I know how you feel, seeing I've just restarted my game and we've had 3 sessions so far. March must be the restart-your-game month. And no, I won't be driving out to Chicago to play any time soon. :wink:
Tired of clone MMOs? So are we!
http://trialsofascension.com/
Blackmote
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Blackmote »

Congrats on the great campaign news Hal'. I was just posting elsewhere on the forums that I should be joining a new AD&D 2E Forgotten Realms campaign in the coming weeks myself. woot! Yeah, March seems to truly roar in like a lion for the old school gamers, eh? :D

I'll keep you all posted on our progress as well. :mrgreen:

~Hoyt.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Damn! Everyone is far from me!

Mira, I'm by Oak Park, so that's quite a ride up to Great America. And Radwizard is far south. I gotta drive straight west for the game. :(

Now that would be cool, to get Mira, Radwizard, and myself in an Undermountain game or something! :D

Hmmm. We really should plan it. Of course, Varl would need a plane to get to us, but he's still invited! :wink: :lol:

radwizard
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by radwizard »

I'm actually across the bay from Varl right now, and for 5 more weeks, lol, that is if he is in Mt. Vernon, I'm in Sequim :( , LOL

Hal, that would be one kickin' game, might be something to look into. :)
Mira
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Mira »

Why am I not surprised that west is the direction you go, can't hit either me or radwizard that way :/

Quite a distance indeed, though I thought if you were driving an hour north you'd be pretty close :) I've been able to make the drive from here to Oak Forest in about 1.5 hours average.

Oh well, it was a thought!

Mira (Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life)
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

I wish it was north or south! Argh! I go from Oak Park to Aurora, which is due west. Why couldn't they have moved north or south instead of west? There's nothing out there!

Hey, we should still plan a get-together. There's gotta be some way to all meet up at some sort of central location. I'd travel an hour or two in any direction.

Varl
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Varl »

radwizard wrote:I'm actually across the bay from Varl right now, and for 5 more weeks, lol, that is if he is in Mt. Vernon, I'm in Sequim
The sunniest place in western Washington. You going to the naval base at Bangor?
radwizard
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by radwizard »

Varl wrote:
radwizard wrote:I'm actually across the bay from Varl right now, and for 5 more weeks, lol, that is if he is in Mt. Vernon, I'm in Sequim
The sunniest place in western Washington. You going to the naval base at Bangor?
Sunny!!! Man, I'm from the Midwest, I'm not used to all this rain, LMAO, really though, it's not that bad, I don't know about the naval base?? Since I got here 2 months ago, I've ventured out to Seatle twice and been out to the farthest NW part of the continental US once, but that is about it. :?
Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

Wow,congrats, Hal! Sadly I'm not sure when I'll be able to start gaming again. I don't have a group right now and between fulltime school and fulltime I don't have much time.
RIP E. Gary Gygax- The DM's DM!
Varl
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Varl »

radwizard wrote:Sunny!!! Man, I'm from the Midwest, I'm not used to all this rain, LMAO, really though, it's not that bad,
Heh. I'm serious. You've never heard that Sequim is really the sunniest spot in western washington? I know that means only inches of rain a year, compared to feet, but it's something. :wink:
I don't know about the naval base??
Oh. It sounded like you were in the navy.
Since I got here 2 months ago, I've ventured out to Seatle twice and been out to the farthest NW part of the continental US once, but that is about it.

I'm a northwesterner through and through. The SW can keep its oppressive summer heat and earthquakes, the Midwest can keep its tornadoes, the northern plains can keep its -80 winters and 12 feet of snow, the SE can keep its humidity, the East can keep its overpopulation and coastal hurricanes, and I'll be contented with our little cooling rains and rare explosive eruptions. :wink:
radwizard
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by radwizard »

Varl wrote: Oh. It sounded like you were in the navy.
I'm a travel tech, I do MRI, CT, and General X-ray across the country, I've literally been from coast to coast, lol, they normally run 3 month assignments, then I go home for about 2, :), just to keep the wife happy ya know. :wink: