NO MORE POLITICS!

News about the website itself, announcements, etc.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Its terrible a few words, smily face, or quote can trigger an avalanche there. Eh, I should know better than to even bother posting on what i perceive as socio-religious-political topics. Bait & hook and i fell for it.
At the edge of madness, he will show no sadness
Never broken, he'll be back for more
Proven under fire, over trench and wire
No fear of death, he's unshakeable
Forged for the war, he's unbreakable
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

What Steve never understood...well actually two things but one of them maybe he did understand.

First, he did not understand that I do not back down...EVER... when attacked. Period. I am not silenced by insults, or intimidation or being ganged-up on or the threat of banning or being ostracized. I do not bow down to group think and politically correct nonsense. I don't "go with the crowd" just to fit in.

Second - and this I think he knew - was that while I often broke the rules, hurled an insult, etc., it was always in response to someone else going after me. In those various heated threads and flame wars, there were always - ALWAYS - 4 or 5 people attacking me in the same thread and I was simply firing back. However, I was the one who got warned, banned, suspended, whined to, snipped at, blah, blah, blah. As far as my memory serves me (and it's pretty freaking sharp), I do not EVER recall Steve or one of the moderators specifically targeting anyone who was flaming me or hurling insults or attacking me. None of them ever got banned or suspended or warned. The usual suspects were allowed to attack me with impunity. At best (worst?), there were times the moderators would issue a "blanket" warning so as to be able to warn me without targeting their buddies who were doing the actual attacking. But I was always the one singled out. Even by the moderators themselves who often hurled insults at me! :roll:

Now again, I'm not whining about it. I didn't care. Fifteen people want to team up and fight/debate me, I'm good. The facts I present in a debate do not change whether I'm debating one person or fifteen people. It's just more typing but not any more challenging. And insults don't affect me, I don't get offended, I never took those wars seriously. But it shows the bias. Steve never liked how Wolverine-like I was in those battles. To bad Steve.

He always protected that clique, which included many of the moderators. Egg of Coot, Scotty G, Solomoriah, etc - they were all part of the Bunker Buddy crowd. The guys who hid behind a locked-down forum at Gene Weigel's Dungeon and K&K Alehouse. The same guys who disparaged anyone who dared say there was some good material in 2E. Axe Mental was another one of the lunatics there. That whole crowd was fanatical and vindictive.

I would pay good hard cash (I mean that literally) to anyone who could find a complete archive of the posts at Green Dragon Inn. Do any of you remember that site? Someone from DF who passed away years ago (I forget his name at the moment) created it (this would have been around late 2007, early 2008) and it was a hoax, an experiment, a test site. He put it up to see how people would behave if there were no moderators to shut me down. Well, the same ass clown (Axe Mental, Gene Weigel, Egg of Coot, etc) joined with the sole intent of harassing me with even more impunity than they did at DF. I had one ally there - Traveller, who was a also a DF member who did not bow down to the crowd. I created obvious sock puppet accounts - Halaster's Apprentice, The Vizier (who ran "Halaster's Academy" and oversaw the Apprentice) and a few others. It was as obvious as the sun shining.

The Bunker Buddies from DF kicked and screamed about how I had "sock puppet" accounts, which of course I denied. Which in turn, of course, was absurd because it was purposely made obvious enough for even the densest of the dense to figure out that all those accounts were mine. These idiots took it life-and-death seriously. It was unreal.

The site had "karma points". If you liked someone's post, they got positive karma. If you disliked it, you got negative karma. Traveler and I set up dozens of fake email accounts so we could ass tons of good karma to my accounts (Halaster Blackcloak, Halaster's Apprentice, The Vizier, etc) and give negative karma to the Bunker Buddies. They lost their minds over that! They took that karma shit so seriously it must have made them lose sleep, I am not kidding! Traveller and I are on the phone live night after night watching these lunatics melt down and planning our next even more outrageous pranks for the next day. It was theater of the absurd on steroids.

The Bunker Buddy crowd tried carrying the flame war from Green Dragon Inn over to DF, where Steve had to step in even though he was loathe to do so, because they were posting accusations of racism and all sorts of taboo topics at DF. They wrote the guy who created the site (god, I have to remember his name!) and he said no, this site has free speech, remember? No rules? The idiots scoured the old Deja News bulletin boards looking for ammo to use against me, trying to find dirt on me, trying to figure out my real identity in real life. They became literally unhinged. Fatnatical hatred on display for the world to laugh at.

Finally, they got so angry and frustrated because they realized that without a biased moderator on their team to run interference for them, or an admin lackey like Steve to ban me on their behalf, they could never silence me or defeat me. So what did they do? They wrote customer support for the company making the software and accused me of propagating racism in order to shut the site down. That didn't work, so they wrote en masse to the admin's ISP, screeching about racism and all sorts of crazy shit. Finally, the admin got tired of having to deal with the emails from the ISP and we declared the experiment finished, we proved our point - Axe Mental and others like him were indeed mentally ill or at least severely emotionally unstable - and the site shut off.

Like I said, I will freaking PAY someone if they can recover the site in its entirety. The entertainment value of being able to revisit those posts is incalculable. And it proved my point beyond question - the clique at DF (and K&K Alehouse and Gene Weigel's Dungeon) are metnally ill and vindictive assholes. It was a riot. Several of the funnest, most hysterical and entertaining months of my entire life though! :lol:
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

I don't recall that site. I only found DF because I was looking at netbooks and somehow the monstrous tome DF7 i think hit the search engine. Back they you could post as a guest and I noticed a pen pal from Dungeon Magazine Kenneth McDonald posted there. There were three or 4 of us writing letters and exchanging ideas in letter snail mail. One of us had a few adventures published in Dungeon (i forget who atm). Mostly, i was sending photocopied scans to them of articles in polyhedron and they sent me some of their personal writings. So, it was a joy to see a pen pal on the forums. I was pretty new to the net in 2000. Dial up still sucked though.
At the edge of madness, he will show no sadness
Never broken, he'll be back for more
Proven under fire, over trench and wire
No fear of death, he's unshakeable
Forged for the war, he's unbreakable
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Yeah, dial up sucked big time!

I should have some screen caps stored on some old CD backups. I'm gonna look for some. Screen caps of the Green Dragon Inn posts. Hysterical stuff!
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!