News, updates, etc.

News about the website itself, announcements, etc.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

News, updates, etc.

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Got a few updates, some news, etc...

I'm pruning the forums. Just deleting some old junk posts (like font tests and meaningless things none of us will ever read or miss). Any threads that are really dead and outdated and really not about anything of substance, I'll archive for now, so if anyone sees anything missing, let me know. The reason for the pruning brings up the next tidbit of news...

I'm hoping to get this old site moved to the new site, and port over all the posts. Gotta wait to get some good tech support on this. But people have been signing up here and there at the new site. At worse, I can copy and paste the most important posts over there, but I prefer a full port of the vast amount of info we have here. Either way, I can always keep both sites going. New discussion on the new site, and then this one would be used more for reference. However it works best. Here's the new site for the record:

http://www.undermountain.org/Forum3/phpBB3/

Eventually I want to be able to:

1. Port over all the posts
2. Change the theme to match this one (I think it just feels right after all these years)
3. Expand membership and discussion

As far as the Ruins of Undermountain III project goes, it's still being worked on. Sometimes just a few sentences at a time. I'm going to try to get as much done as possible as soon as possible. I know, it feels like an eternity. This past year I almost destroyed my back and had to do countless hours of work to fix it. So much for the doctors' diagnosis. It's almost in as good a shape as when I was half my age, and getting better. I love proving doctors wrong. :twisted: But all that, and the upcoming move (apartment move) and all the stress of a bad holiday season was just totally impeding to getting work done. 2018 did not offer me much free time and energy to wrap up the project.

I'm hoping that this year - finally! - I can release Ruins of Undermountain III in full as a Christmas present to everyone. All it's going to take at this point is one final big burst of free time, which happens randomly, and it'll be enough to finish it. I suspect that will happen early this spring and summer, so perfect timing to complete it by Christmas.

Ummm...I thought there was something else, but I can't think of it offhand. Anyway, any thoughts or questions, let me know.
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

This sites background, font and everything is awesome so I hope you can import it. Can’t say my 2018 was all that great either. I did spend a lot of time outdoors. I’m still ticking away at the old ACS game from 1980. When you look at it you sees mess. If only I could have done some work back then but $$$ when it comes to computers of any age.

Hopefully progress is made. I’ve never given up hope even if all my stuff is in storage except digital.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Yeah, I've really come to like this theme. Kinda like the old Forgotten Realms parchment.

Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

I wish other forums had this theme as well!
RIP E. Gary Gygax- The DM's DM!
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Yeah, I've really grown fond of it. It feels like "home" to me. I hate the stark white and blue standard colors and even worse, the dark themes with black background with white letters. So hard on the eyes!