For all new members or those looking to join - Read This!

News about the website itself, announcements, etc.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

For all new members or those looking to join - Read This!

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Ok, enough is enough. I'm getting tired of people writing me asking to join the site, only to have them sit back and not participate. This is not the most active site, although I wish I had more time to make it so. Due to the amount of spam accounts hitting phpBB boards, I disabled sign ups, which means people cannot register any username. They cannot join. People try, then write me asking how to sign up. I therefore have to go in, manually change the admin settings, create their account, then go back and change the admin settings back each time. And each time, the person never posts anything.

This is a readable site, meaning you can read all public posts whether you are a member or not.

You only need to be a member only if you intend to post replies or post your own posts.

No one other than the developer team is allowed into the private forums. And access to that is given only to those who are interested and who have been vetted over time, so it's a moot point to worry about it - you won't be reading the developer forums until after you've proven yourself as an active member over time.

So new people or those looking to sign up - stop wasting my time! If all you intend on doing is reading the posts here, you don't need me to set up an account for you. You're not missing out on anything. The only reason you need to set up an account is if you're going to participate, ie be active and post stuff, not just be a passive reader.

From this point on, whenever I sign someone up and they are not active, I am deleting their account. I may even go so far as to ban them from even being able to read the site the via an IP block as a punishment for wasting my time.
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!