Good news!

News about the website itself, announcements, etc.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Good news!

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Well, I got a call from Doirche, so hopefully now we can all put the unpleasantness behind us and move on with the project. Doirche is sending me the Illustrator formatted maps and other material I need to splice together, and the next step is to go over them and see where we left off and what needs updating.

Fingers crossed, work moves forward! :)

Now if we can just find a damned artist! #@
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Tarrax Ironwolf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Tarrax Ironwolf »

Yay! Great to hear!

Are you talking about a cartography artist? Cause I know someone, if he is interested, who might take up the challenge.
"We played Dungeons & Dragons for three hours! Then I was slain by an elf." -- Homer Simpson

Dragynn (My new AD&D gaming blog)
Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

Onward and upward! I hope it plays out well. :)
RIP E. Gary Gygax- The DM's DM!
Varl
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Varl »

If you still read this board, thanks Doirche. 8)
Tired of clone MMOs? So are we!
http://trialsofascension.com/
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

So far so good. Just waiting to see Monday if the material got here, then I gotta re-new Doirche's membership and settings and all that. Then, I'm going to have to inventory everything we have and still need. Usually that only takes about 2 days of work. Then I gotta see if any of the maps need updating, but based on what Doirche and I talked about last night on the phone, I think the maps are updated to the very latest design as indicated by the written material.

So, what will happen next is that I'll take a few days then to design the maps for the 3 adventures in the Adventures Booklet, which are in themselves 3 different miniature sub-levels (nothing too extensive, but still very cool!). I'll get those designs to Doirche to start mapping out, then get back to writing up Level 8 and the main sub-level. I have a huge amount of each already done.

After that, it's just a matter of writing up the adventures for the booklet, which is only a few pages each, and then we move to the final stage of wrapping up everything, fleshing out the auxiliary text (much of which is already done), and finally...

We gotta find a damned artist! #@ #@ #@

If anyone here wants to earn my undying gratitude and be listed as The Savior in the credits section, start prowling places like Deviant Art and sending me links to artists you think have a nice 2E style, and if I like what I see, I'll ask you to contact them. I just gotta farm out the work of finding an artist.

If all goes well, we'll see this completed in 2012, knock on wood! :D

Tarrax Ironwolf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

I'm still up for being the artist, but I haven't received anything from my last three emails to you with my work attached. Each request I sent was to send me more info on more creatures (and rooms, encounters, etc.) that you want drawn, but haven't heard anything. So I'm assuming you don't need my services any longer.

If my work isn't exactly what you are looking for, I won't bother you any more about it. Otherwise, I'm more than glad to still help out.
"We played Dungeons & Dragons for three hours! Then I was slain by an elf." -- Homer Simpson

slade88green
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by slade88green »

my friend is still interested in doing so art for this project but has likewise not gotten any more information on what needs to be drawn. It is very hard to get some art for something when you don't know what needs to be done. Room and or creature descriptions would be very helpful.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Tarrax, I got your last email with the art from the new gmail account. I thought I replied to it, but it doesn't show it (the little green arrow to show I replied). I thought I did. Looked good! I needed you to tweak a few details. I especially liked the Kinder-toten! Nice touch with the doll in hand! :twisted:

I'll email you soon. I just lose track of entire months nowadays. Between the 3 jobs and school, I rarely get to breathe, much less get online and write.

The main thing I wanted you to tweak was the Black Cube, which is admittedly probably the most annoying monster to try drawing. What can be done with a blank cube? LOL! I had some ideas to send you on that though.

We're gonna need two artists I think. One for monsters (which Tarrax is handling) and one for the room descriptions. We've just bitten off too much for one artist to do, given time constraints in this day and age.

Slade, the first thing I needed was a sample of his work. I don't recall ever seeing anything from him. Can you send some samples?

Tarrax Ironwolf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Excellent! Will do with the cube. I have an idea and I'll send you the update very soon to see if you approve.

If you need, I can also do room sets as well, if your interested.