GenCon

News about the website itself, announcements, etc.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

LeSong
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

GenCon

Post by LeSong »

It is so quite here...just checking to see who might make it to GenCon this August?

Any other news of note?

LeSong
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Not me! I just started up a real estate business, and I just have no free time. I'm working on getting used to this new schedule so that I can block out specific time each week for BIP work, but even that's been difficult.

Then again, there's nothing at GenCon for me to want to go anyway. The whole industry is 3E/d20 crap, so it'd be a total waste of time and money for me.
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

LeSong
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Real Estate

Post by LeSong »

:shock: Real estate...the wife and I rent out a house and you know it can be a hassle. Jumping off the deep end, I'd say you meant more buying and selling (or even brokering) than renting?

Good Luck, and if there is anything I can help with let me know (you have my email).

As for Gen Con...I have never been :shock: I have been to several smaller cons 10-15 years ago and toured Europe playing that evil Magic the Gathering game, however I never made it to GenCon!

Anyway, I love First Edition but am not totally (don't hang me Hal!) against 3.5 (3.0 sucked, while Forgotten Realms should have stayed 2nd Edition!) and won't be as offended about the commercialization. More to the point I was hoping to find some First Edition games being played!

Now that I know that everybody wasn't in a plane wreck (on this forum) I'll work on those articles.

LeSong
Varl
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Varl »

I don't get to many Cons these days. Life's far too hectic. I have a hard enough time trying to find the time to run my local game. I've never been to GenCon, would have loved to go back in the day when AD&D reigned, but now, I have no desire whatsoever to go.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

LeSong wrote:
Real estate...the wife and I rent out a house and you know it can be a hassle. Jumping off the deep end, I'd say you meant more buying and selling (or even brokering) than renting?
Considering the overwhelming percentage of scumbags in the Chicago area, I would not go into rentals no matter how much it paid. Too many headaches.

I'm an agent, not a broker (yet :wink: ). Yep, buying and selling. Just finishing up my last training class this Wednesday, but I already have 3 listings lined up, 2 of them for sure. :D

I'm shooting to crack a 6-figure income by next April, and I'd say it's gonna work, though I'm impatient. :wink:
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!