TECH HELP

News about the website itself, announcements, etc.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

TECH HELP

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Ok, who here knows or knows someone who knows how to do phpBB templates? I need to put up a horror movie phpBB discussion site, and damned if I have a clue, or the time or energy to design it.

Let me know!
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Zherbus
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Zherbus »

Forum templates are a bitch to do and time consuming. They not only require a decent technical knowledge of how the css crap works, but there's lots of design skill. Good luck finding someone :(
Minstrel
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Minstrel »

This is probably nothing you don't already know, but there are a ton of user made templates out there to download. If you find one that's 95% what you want, but maybe some text/background is the wrong color/size/font, or you need to replace a few images, it's usually just a little css tweaking to do that.

(Of course I'm speaking for SMF rather than phpbb, but I imagine it's pretty much the same)
The gun is good. The penis is evil. The penis shoots seeds, and makes new life, and poisons the earth with a plague of men, as once it was. But the gun shoots death, and purifies the earth of the filth of brutals. Go forth and kill.