Gaming Paper sucks!

Discussion of OOP 1st & 2nd Edition products and rules, ie TSR AD&D material.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Gaming Paper sucks!

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

I drove all the way out to Games Plus (24 miles one way, 50 miles round trip) to get some of this Gaming Paper I saw online:

http://gamingpaper.com/

They didn't have the rolls, so I got the individual sheets. Well, they suck! They're almost impossible to line up accurately and tape together because of how they're printed - unevenly! I tried, and it became an exercise in futility and frustration. WTF? How hard is it with modern printing methods to make a graph paper than is accurate and lines up?

So now I have to drive back there to return them (hopefully the store doesn't give me a hard time because I am PISSED OFF!) for a refund. But I'll still be spending about $15 on gas for this misadventure, which is the price of the paper to begin with! Plus my time. I'm going to be calling the manufactured tomorrow to give them a piece of my mind, and if they don't provide some damned good customer service, I'm going to blast their poor quality everywhere on the internet that I can find that can affect their sales. I'm s tired of companies putting out crap quality products!

Look at this! Took forever to get just these few pieces lined up, and still they're a mess. Eventually I'll have tons of sheets overlapping sheets in a total mess. I couldn't even find a way to line it up past this point...

Unfreakingreal! :evil:
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Is this for minis and tactical combat? Or are you zoomed in really close?

I bought a mat some years ago but never used it. I usually made my own with ruler and pen. I had a huge piece of cardboard I painted white then marked and then made the grid. Used it for a decade. I made smaller ones later on Manila folders with just pencils. (Cut and taped then made the grid). Used an old chalkboard once too. It suck that now days I live virtually like a hobo with mist my stuff in storage. The golden years are behind me. Now it’s digital storage. But, I am thinking of buying some Haven and thieves guild merchandise to scan into digital.

I’m tired of the rare shit being on sale for hundreds. These resale scammers are asses imho. Eh... there’s thousands of works being produced. Couldn’t keep up if I waned.
At the edge of madness, he will show no sadness
Never broken, he'll be back for more
Proven under fire, over trench and wire
No fear of death, he's unshakeable
Forged for the war, he's unbreakable
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

That's standing over the table. 1" squares for combat and battle map. Just utterly poor product quality. I'm sure the rolls would work, but now I have a 50 mile round trip to return it. And Gaming Paper is one of those stupid companies that exists only on Facebook and Twitter with no phone number to contact. I hate that shit! Wish I could put those people out of business. Get a goddamned phone number! :evil:

We'll see what they say when I email them. If they blow this off, I'm going to go after them hard.

Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

That's a shitty deal. Maybe they think it's enough of a niche product that customers will have to settle even if it's not very good?
RIP E. Gary Gygax- The DM's DM!
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

I wrote the company and they were really good about it. Sent me 4 rolls of the long tubes of paper. Now that works, because it all fits on one, or perhaps 2 sheets if you need more depth. So that was cool. But the individual sheets suck shit.

One problem with all the paper - it's semi glossy, and I get that they want it spill proof. Problem is, you can't effectively use pencils to trace on it. You really need markers or what not. So when you have to erase something, you get stuck using Liquid Paper to white it out. Only markers really write on it well.

Eh. I think the Battle Mats are still the best bet overall.