Halaster is in love...

Discussion of OOP 1st & 2nd Edition products and rules, ie TSR AD&D material.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Halaster is in love...

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

...with Tiamat! :shock:

You know, I've always liked Tiamat. I love dragons, so what's not to love about a chromatic dragon with 5 heads? But I've been reading the Powers & Pantheons book for the Forgotten Realms, and the more I read, the more I realize how much I love the character of Tiamat! What a cool villain!

And when I looked at her breath weapon damage...bwahahaha!

In each round she can do 676 points of damage. :shock: That's still 338 points of damage with a saving throw. :shock:

What's that? Your character has a ring of fire resistance? :roll:

Ok smart-ass, make that 628 pt of damage, save (with your +4 bonus) for 314 pts.

Did you want the ashes scattered anywhere special? :twisted:

In ten rounds she does 6,760 points of damage, and "only" 3,380 with 10 saves!

That lady (dragon) can kick ass! Love the -12 AC too!

But it's not just the damage. I really love the idea of a dragon god with all those different dragon heads. Plus, in the FR she can manifest as a chromatic dracolich of sorts as well. Now that is something even Halaster might run from! :shock:

Varl, you're the expert on these things...I got the FR Deities & Demigods book, and Powers & Pantheons. Love both. So much detailed info! But is Demihuman Deities worth getting? I'm not all that impressed with the various dwarven and gnomish gods (they all seem the same to me), but I'm wondering if there are enough drow gods (Vhaerun, Lolth, etc) to make it worth getting. Probably should complete the set either way, huh?

Look out, players in Halaster's campaign! Halaster's got the hots for Tiamat, so that means she'll be paying you a visit soon! :twisted:
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

She's one wicked "lady" to be sure! :P
RIP E. Gary Gygax- The DM's DM!
Mira
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Mira »

Of course before he unleashes her on some poor unsuspecting victims, er heroes, he will have the joy of listening to her gossip non-stop with 5 heads... :twisted:

Then again, he's already been describe as mad :lol:

Mira (Schizophrenia beats being alone)
Varl
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Re: Halaster is in love...

Post by Varl »

Halaster Blackcloak wrote:Varl, you're the expert on these things...I got the FR Deities & Demigods book, and Powers & Pantheons. Love both. So much detailed info! But is Demihuman Deities worth getting? I'm not all that impressed with the various dwarven and gnomish gods (they all seem the same to me), but I'm wondering if there are enough drow gods (Vhaerun, Lolth, etc) to make it worth getting. Probably should complete the set either way, huh?
Sure. If you like the format and layout of those two books, you'll like DD. Let's see, opening up my trusty PDF, the drow have 6 deities covered in DD: Eilistraee, Ghaunadaur, Kiaransalee, Lolth, Selvetarm, and Vhaeraun.

Speaking of drow deities, how do all of you prefer the spelling of Lolth? DD has it spelled "Lolth", but I've always preferred it spelled "Lloth".
Tired of clone MMOs? So are we!
http://trialsofascension.com/
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

LOL! I like that Mira! :wink:

Varl, I prefer Lloth over Lolth. While Lolth looks more proper as a written word, it sounds silly. On the other hand, Lloth rhymes with sloth and reminds me of the Seven Deadly Sins, which so very much reminds me of Lloth (greed, envy, lust, pride, etc). :twisted:

when posting, I try to type her name as it's spelled in FR terms when I'm talking about the Realms. Or did I get that wrong? I always forget. :oops:
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!