How was your summer?

Discussion of OOP 1st & 2nd Edition products and rules, ie TSR AD&D material.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

How was your summer?

Post by Beowulf »

Hi, everyone. Pretty quite here, everyone must be getting their last licks in before summer's gone. Mine kind of sucked- I did nothing but work. Last year I went camping maybe 8 times, but not once this year. Haven't fired up the chiminea, haven't got a fishing line wet, haven't even lit the charcoal grill in 3 months. :? And I start classes again tomorrow! :shock:

What did all you BiP'ers do with your summer?
RIP E. Gary Gygax- The DM's DM!
Algolei
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Algolei »

I spent two weeks at a lake with about 20 members of my family. We rented cabins. Played a lot of poker with them.

The first three days were fine. The last 11 made me want to stay in bed until everyone else had left.
Varl
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Varl »

My has went fine other than I haven't worked full time since February 12th, and I'm starting to get just a little stir crazy with all this time off. My boss called me in for one job yesterday, and man how that felt GOOD! I never thought having time off was a bad thing until this economy called. It's the worst for our industry as I've ever seen it in the 28 years I've been in it. People are scared to buy anything. Consumer confidence is shot.

Other than that, I've been getting a lot of work done at home, working on my minis, and AD&D material.
Tired of clone MMOs? So are we!
http://trialsofascension.com/
Elayne
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Elayne »

I just came back.
Stayed with my wife and in my grand father's house near Cannes (France), with a nice swimming pool etc. :-)
3 weeks of total relax.
They passed really quickly. Too much for my taste.
Nice to be back, but i wouldn't have said no to a full month there either :D
"Survival is its own reward."
Sir Clarence
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by Sir Clarence »

Today's my third day back at work after four long and glorious weeks of vacation. We've been to Paris this spring, so there was no cash left for another large trip and we spent the time at home and in the area, doing some short trips to the coast, visiting friends, bike riding, and so on. Since the weather was gorgeous nearly all the time, it was just perfect. :)
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Summer? What summer? I seem to have missed it. :|

Work, frustration, got sick, got sicker, work more without results (real estate), got sick again, several close friends of the family died, got sick again, more stress, laid in bed recovering.

That summer up summer of 2009. :(

But hopefully now I can get back to polishing of RoUIII! :wink:
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

Sorry to hear your summer was a loss, Hal. Mine doesn't sound so bad by comparison! :shock: I just finished my second full week of classes and I'm still not ready!
RIP E. Gary Gygax- The DM's DM!