Supermodules

Discussion of OOP 1st & 2nd Edition products and rules, ie TSR AD&D material.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Doirche

Supermodules

Post by Doirche »

Hey everyone. This past week I have been trying to secure OOP material to complete my collection of AD&D/D&D, etc. Some of the old school modules can be expensive!

Does anyone have any of the "supermodules" that were produced back in the day? I am talking about the following.

A1-4 Scourge of the Slave Lords
B1-9 In Search of Adventure
GDQ1-7 Queen of the Spiders
I3-5 Desert of Desolation
S1-4 Realms of Horror
T1-4 Temple of Elemental Evil

Currently I have The Temple of Elemental Evil (1st printing) and In Search of Adventure. Yesterday I purchased a NM copy of Queen of the Spiders for $90 and have my eye on a NM copy of Scourge of the Slave Lords for $35 and Realms of Horror for $40.

I have been using the following website for information on OOP material and their worth The Acaeum

Any thoughts on these "supermodules"?
Mira
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Mira »

I thought the 'supermodules' were just the series repackaged, nothing really new added, just conveniently collected. I have some of them in non-super module form (ie, S1, S2, S3 and S4 as seperate modules), is there any reason to get them in super-module form if you have the modules seperately?

Mira (The trouble with life is there's no background music)
Doirche

Post by Doirche »

Some of the supermodules have additional content and storylines in them which helps facilitate tying the individual modules together. For sure B1-9 In Search of Adventure, S1-4 Realms of Horror, A1-4 Scourge of the Slave Lords, and GDQ1-7 Queen of the Spiders all have additional content. Then again, the supermodules have omitted content that the individual modules had for many reasons, though most of the time it doesn't take away from the adventure in a noticable way.
Varl
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Varl »

I like them. They've allowed me to acquire a few individual modules I didn't have back in the day as part of a supermodule. One of the B modules in In Search of Adventure, for example. I forget which one.
Tired of clone MMOs? So are we!
http://trialsofascension.com/
Tarrax Ironwolf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Tarrax Ironwolf »

Unfortunately I only have the individual modules A1: Slave Pits of the Undercity, Q1: Queen of the Demon Web Pit, and I4 Oasis of the White Palm, but I can't quite remember exactly where I last put them. Hmmmm....
"We played Dungeons & Dragons for three hours! Then I was slain by an elf." -- Homer Simpson

Dragynn (My new AD&D gaming blog)
Algolei
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Algolei »

I've got B1-9 In Search of Adventure, and I think it lost more than it gained. (Did it even gain anything?)
Sir Clarence
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by Sir Clarence »

I never thought of T1-4 as a supermodule because the whole Nulb/Temple part of the adventure was completely new.

The others are just rehashes of old material with some additional stuff which is IMHO crappy and superfluous. I once owned all of them except B1-9 but sold them all again.