Evil sharp dice

Discussion of OOP 1st & 2nd Edition products and rules, ie TSR AD&D material.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Minstrel
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Evil sharp dice

Post by Minstrel »

Wondering if anyone has seen any of the old colored, gem-like dice with sharp edges on sale on ebay or anywhere? These were the types that usually didn't have any coloring on the numbers. I'd love to augment my collection. I'll post a pic later if I can snap one at home.

Zherbus will know what I'm talking about. They were known to cause a few scars when stepped on accidentally.
Zherbus
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Zherbus »

Oh, yeah. The caltrops.
Doirche

Post by Doirche »

Like these?

Sorry for the bad pic, I had to put a tube of Chapstick in it so the dice would not be so blurry but they still came out bad, heh.

Minstrel
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Minstrel »

Yep, pretty sure those are the ones!
Doirche

Post by Doirche »

Zherbus wrote:Oh, yeah. The caltrops.
Hell yeah they are. They are my backup to the backup on my home alarm system..... a few of those bad boys strategically placed and any thief would be foolish to enter! :P
Blackmote
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by Blackmote »

heh, I have a few of those in my older collection. :twisted: I recall back in the day when I could toss one of those halfway across a table and still be able to read the (uncolored) numbers. But now I'm old and half-blind. :( *sigh*

and I also remember an early episode of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 when some folks were falling or being pushed into a pit. One of the insterted lines went something like "Ow, I fell on my 8-sider!". LMAO. Only us old schoolers would get that inside joke. :P
Nothing is so terrible that a huge red dragon can't make it just a hell of a lot worse.
-Dragon Magazine, issue #194, pg. 3
Doirche

Post by Doirche »

Blackmote wrote:heh, I have a few of those in my older collection. :twisted: I recall back in the day when I could toss one of those halfway across a table and still be able to read the (uncolored) numbers. But now I'm old and half-blind. :( *sigh*

and I also remember an early episode of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 when some folks were falling or being pushed into a pit. One of the insterted lines went something like "Ow, I fell on my 8-sider!". LMAO. Only us old schoolers would get that inside joke. :P
LOL I Saw that episode!!!!! I guess I really am an old-schooler :shock:
Sir Clarence
Dungeon Delver
Dungeon Delver

Post by Sir Clarence »

I don't know whether this question has already been answered, but you can still get these dice at Noble Knight Games. Here's a link:

Here's a link: http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProducts ... enreID_E_0
Minstrel
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Minstrel »

Sir Clarence wrote:I don't know whether this question has already been answered, but you can still get these dice at Noble Knight Games. Here's a link:

Here's a link: http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProducts ... enreID_E_0
Sweetness! Now to get some of that money stuff they seem to want in exchange for the dice.
The gun is good. The penis is evil. The penis shoots seeds, and makes new life, and poisons the earth with a plague of men, as once it was. But the gun shoots death, and purifies the earth of the filth of brutals. Go forth and kill.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Thanks Sir Clarence, and welcome to BIP! :D

Oh man, I miss those Precision Edge weapons. I mean, dice.
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!