No internet or computer

General discussion of the Back in Print Project

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Tarrax Ironwolf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Tarrax Ironwolf »

We are at scorching 6° right now (4:56pm CST) and tonight its suppose to drop to -6 with slight wind (WC -11).
"We played Dungeons & Dragons for three hours! Then I was slain by an elf." -- Homer Simpson

Dragynn (My new AD&D gaming blog)
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Chicago has had so little snow it feels like Florida this year! Arizona and Nevada have had more snow than this stinking hellhole has this year! :shock:

Did I ever mention how much I love snow? Two FEET of snow is not too much, in my book! :shock: :D

Last week we went from a high of 63 to a low of 50 below zero windchill in 48 hours. It was rough.
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

But you also live under a mountain. Glad to see you're still alive BTW.
Mira
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Mira »

Way too much snow and cold here. Even when we've had warmer days, like 40F, so little snow melts off that you'd never notice it. And I HATE snow. But I married a Minnesotan. Who can never get enough of it. My cats cuddle close to me seeking warmth too. That's good at least :)

Mira (Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis ropinquus ades" Translation: If you can read this bumper sticker, you are both very well educated and much too close.)
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

I delivered newspapers in high school in a -79 F windchill. And I was out and about in our record -83 F windchill (ambient air temp was -27 F)! :shock:
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

Kind of a cold one today, but I keep telling myself in a month it will be spring! #@
RIP E. Gary Gygax- The DM's DM!
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Yeah, I think March I'll get a muttonchop trim... they're getting kinda long. I guess I could just use some gel on em but I'm thinking of a professional trim and shave. I'll butch the chrome dome but leave the stache, goatee and muttons with some nice evening in-between. I might even have my muttons layered. As is they're looking like I'm a homeless vagrant.
Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

Hahaha! Nice! :twisted: I wear a beard some of the time, and when I decided it's time to ditch the beard I sometimes do the ol' mutton chop for a day for something to do!
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

I kinda overtrimmed it i guess. Ah well the muttons will grow out maybe even thicker than before if that is even possible. I'll leave the trimmers on max of 11 as 5 was way too short.
Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

If I could I'd irradiate my neck like a potato! :P It would be cool if I never had to shave there, just my face when I felt like it. Maybe I should vacation in Japan! :shock: :wink: