The next Undermountain

General discussion of the Back in Print Project

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Tawnos76
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

The next Undermountain

Post by Tawnos76 »

The party I am currently DMing is near halfway through Level 3 of the Original Undermountain and I thought instead of going to Undermountain II I would stop off in Skullport are of Undermountain level 3 and go through the city adventure there since I picked that up at a thrift store.
Has anyone used the Skullport module before? If so is it a good nodule and what should I look for in keeping the party I am DMing interested as they are mostly dungeon crawlers but I would like to get them into other areas.
IXOYE
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

Skullport was an accessory, not a module. There's no adventure in there. Would have been nice though! I'm sorta mixed on feelings about Skullport (the supplement, not the location). It was generally ok, and provided some nice details. However, they did some really asinine, fucked-up things like turning Shradin into a living crimson mist or something like that. :roll: :evil:

It came out at the end of 2E, when most stuff sucked. But it has some good material in it.

I much prefer the article from Dragon #172 - Seeing the Sights in Skullport. Only about 8 pages of material, but it gave me far more inspiration and useful stuff than I got out of all 96 pages of the Skullport accessory.
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Tawnos76
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Tawnos76 »

Thanks, I had not yet checked out the accessory Skullport yet. I just saw it at the Thrift store and picked it up as it is rare to see some of the AD&D accessories or modules floating around the Thrift Stores here. I will have to come up with something else then if it is only informational. I did also pick up Dragon Mountain and it had everything in it and Menzoberranzan as well without the pewter Drizzt figure.
IXOYE
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

You might want to just throw them into the module "The Lost Level" or "Maddgoth's Castle". Both were pretty good. The "Stardock" module does not exist. :evil:

If you don't have those or can't find them, I think either Doirche or I have them in PDF format that we can send you free.
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Doirche

Post by Doirche »

You can download the PDF's of "Dungeoncrawl - Undermountain: The Lost Level" and "Dungeoncrawl - Undermountain: Maddgoth's Castle" (as well as many other older modules) for free from WoTC directly HERE

User slade88green posted his version of half of Level 4 of Undermountain on this board as well. You can use that as a basis and create your own encounters.

Better still, why don't you create your own little sub-levels of Undermountain and post them here! I could even help out with the map if needed.

Veteran Undermountain delvers report that the dungeon is riddled with little hidden sub-levels, above and below the known passages. RoUM Campaign Guide page 56.
Tawnos76
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Tawnos76 »

I had done some mini modules I created myself for some of the Pyramids that are on the map but have no storylines in the module itself. I could go over my notes and do a write up for them and post them here. The players seem to like what I did and had fun with it.
IXOYE
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Hmmmm..... Unpolished UM sub-levels. Kind of like a huge netbook of levels or that 1 page dungeon contest. Makes me wish I had more time for such things. Right now I'm like a flattened animal in a wagon rut from the cartoons with that O.o .. o.O .. O.o .. @.@ .. x.x .. look.
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

I just found this about some mapping of the original and blogging.
Undermountain