Undermountain level 4

General discussion of the Back in Print Project

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

LOL! :lol:

Yeah, warm up on Level 4 because we have some major changes to Arachnia! Just a few tiny tweaks to Level 8 though. Very minor stuff like adding doors and stuff.
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Doirche

Post by Doirche »

Well here is what I have so far......

Doirche

Post by Doirche »

And the HUGE full size version..... sorry about the "Copyright" tag in the Wandering Monster block. It has since been removed. All the credit for this map goes to Slade. :D

I still need to add in some details like doors and stairs, etc. They are the smallest on Slade's map and are very difficult to see so it's taking me a while to get those put in.

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

I like this! It definitely has a farm/industrial feel to it. The room design is great for Level 4! Good work Slade and Doirche! :wink:

slade88green
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by slade88green »

Thats awesome. I will try to get back to work on the second half in the near future. Looks great.
Doirche

Post by Doirche »

Slade,

Without your permission I posted a copy of your map over at The Cartographers Guild for them to see. You can check out the specific forum HERE

BTW.. the Cartographers Guild has some of the finest role playing cartographers on the planet. The site is definitely worth checking out if you like maps.

-D
slade88green
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by slade88green »

That's fine with me. All I ask on my maps is that I get credit for drawing them and they are not used for financial gain. Other that that I don't care who uses them.
I have signed up for Cartographers Guild some time ago, but haven't posted anything there.
Looking over the large map there I noticed a few things that did not come through quite right, but that can be fixed once I have the maps totally done and scanned for ya. The way it got printed makes it easier to get around for sure. When I drew it I tried to keep to the rule that nothing is easy to get to in undermountain. Just like the other maps, sometimes you have to travel a great distance to get the the room next door.
I have been making progress on the second half including a market place/warehouses and a split in the river that has torn through a few of the corridors and created a defensible island. Im thinking of making it either a durgar or drow outpost. Drow are bit tougher since Halaster hates them so much, but he might be willing to over look that just for the fun of having a drow outpost.
Tarrax Ironwolf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Tarrax Ironwolf »

What exactly are you using to make your maps? Campaign Cartographer/Dungeon Designer (from Profantasy Software) or some other map making program?
"We played Dungeons & Dragons for three hours! Then I was slain by an elf." -- Homer Simpson

Dragynn (My new AD&D gaming blog)
slade88green
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by slade88green »

Not sure what Doirche uses. I just draw them with pen and paper.
Doirche

Post by Doirche »

I use Adobe Illustrator.
Tarrax Ironwolf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Tarrax Ironwolf »

Cool! Thanks!
"We played Dungeons & Dragons for three hours! Then I was slain by an elf." -- Homer Simpson

Dragynn (My new AD&D gaming blog)
slade88green
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by slade88green »

So this map has been sitting behind my computer desk for a great deal of time. I pulled it out today and have been working on it. After all this time have have the second side almost complete. I will have to learn how to post pictures again and post the second half.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Would love to see the second half!

slade88green
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by slade88green »

Ok, here we go. Areas of interest not put in, but the drawing of level 4 east is complete with the exception of doors and a few sets of stairs.

and both sides together make.........

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Wicked! Once we finish RoUII: The Deadly Levels, I hope to start on a new version of Undermountain II: The Mid Levels, which would feature Level 4, Level 5 and Level 6. Would you be interested in using that map as the official Level 4? :D

slade88green
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by slade88green »

It would be awesome to use this map as the official one for level 4!
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Cool! Still need a cartographer though to convert it to Illustrator, as that lunatic Doirche flew the coop (as in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest) and every six months or so writes me making false promises to deliver the stolen material he has. What a dickhead. Hope they overdose his worthless ass. :evil: