No votes
Undecided
11%

Total votes: 19

Mira
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Mira »

Round Lake Beach! I just moved from Gurnee, that was pretty close by! I've been to Friend's Hobby a few times, though I think that Games Plus in Mt Prospect is a better store. (just too far away after we moved up to Gurnee from where we were)

Now I'm in MN though, no more visits to either one of those. Still, we found an AD&D group with a few of my husband's friends (he's from this area), so I finally get to get back to a table top AD&D game :)

Mira (Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?)
Tarrax Ironwolf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Tarrax Ironwolf »

Cool, we were looking for gamers for a while in the Grayslake, Gurnee, and Round Lake area for a time. I posted on ENWorld, Access Denied, and Meetup for gamers, but alas none could be found.

Great to hear you've found a group to game with again!
"We played Dungeons & Dragons for three hours! Then I was slain by an elf." -- Homer Simpson

Dragynn (My new AD&D gaming blog)
Algolei
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Algolei »

Halloo der. 8)
Tawnos76
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Tawnos76 »

Hello everyone,
I am glad I have found this site. I have been playing AD&D since 1988 and am again running an Undermountain campaign with a new group that I have found that wants to use AD&D rules once again.

I am hoping to expand my Undermountain experience and so far have both box sets and the 3 lost levels campaigns.

The information that is being worked on here sound and looks very professional. I hope I can be a helpful contributor.

I do have 1 question - Is there a download available of any completed levels so far? I have seen the image of level 7 put up in one thread but cannot read the tables on it.

thank you
Martin
IXOYE
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

A great big thanks for coming to BIP for all those I missed in well over a year.
At the edge of madness, he will show no sadness
Never broken, he'll be back for more
Proven under fire, over trench and wire
No fear of death, he's unshakeable
Forged for the war, he's unbreakable
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

Ha! I saw this old thread and it made me think about the possible update here.

On a side note, I noted some SJW on DF. I’m a bit ashamed of some of the posters being utter asses. https://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/view ... 11&t=80691

Now, I don’t know Thorkhammer too much but I recall he was pretty popular. Lately, or perhaps it’s been like this esp after the Frank Mentzer fallout and other political strikes across the world, DF appears more sinister in some ways of opinions and trollery.

Eh... dunno. Some posters just are best to ignore to put on the foe list.
Tawnos76
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Tawnos76 »

...and of course he is from Southern California. Lots of whiny self pretentious SJW's live in LA. That is one of the reasons I try to stay out of LA as much as possible. I only get close because I work in Anaheim.
IXOYE
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

I only learned of SJW a month ago. I couldn’t figure it out so I googled it. Mr Reaper left DF shortly after the Mentzer debacle. Maybe I just don’t visit that site enough to really know the posters. I tend to go in phases. Since I’m not gaming I’m more on forums. Eh... I should visit some other rpg forums. I’ve started visiting RPG CODEX.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Post by Halaster Blackcloak »

I have zero tolerance for those sorts of morons (SJWs). Like this woman accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault. Bullshit. We all know what's going on there. At least, those of us who do research at real news sites and do our own vetting and research instead of listening to the vomit spewed in mainstream media (CNN, MSNBC, etc - not "fake" news...not even "news" at all...just propaganda, brainwashing and lies!) know what's really going on.

Frankly, I want to see this woman destroyed. I want to see her reputation destroyed, her career destroyed, her family destroyed (divorce, etc), and hopefully she has to move because of threats. Evil people like her who go after innocent people and try to destroy their lives and careers for political reasons should be destroyed. Period. Scum of the earth. That serves as both retribution and a deterrent to future abusers of truth. I have literally zero tolerance for or mercy or sympathy towards these sort of people.

As for DF, it's become the sewer of the D&D universe online. Fact. It's infamous for its bullshit, poor moderation and personal abuse, but then the people there whine about online sites that call it infamous for those very reasons. That's too bad Steve, because when you allow your idiot moderators to single out people they don't like for punishment, when you allow your bed-buddy trolls to drive off all the TSR staff, when you allow members to bash the creators of the game and disrespect them...you earn that bad reputation. I've explained this to Steve more times over the years than I can count. He just doesn't care. The freedom to be abusive by his sycophantic moderators and pet trolls overrides his desire to make the site great. It's a shame. I remember a time when it was not like that. Then the Bunker Buddies gained influence and it became a North Korean-like dictatorship where everyone has to fawn over the moderators lest they be punished, and never step out of line lest they be ostracized and/or banned.

Been there, done that, survived a trillions hostile battles there. I drop in from time to time just to see if there's anything interesting (when everywhere else is quiet) and it's almost uniformly boring and unpleasant.

I see so many people who used to post there who no longer do. Hundreds. The entire TSR staff basically left because of the abuse they were forced to endure in Steve's Cesspool. And for what? So Steve's lover-troll EOTB can have free reign to abuse anyone and everyone as he pleases? How many people have huffed off in a fit of rage? And no matter how many people complain to Steve about EOTB and other favored-status trolls, he never does shit about it.

So that's karma, Steve. When you shit on people and treat them unfairly, they leave the cesspool. Back when I posted there as Halaster (and a few other IDs), people would routinely PM me saying that I'm right, the moderators and/or Steve are wrong, that the moderators are taking sides unfairly to protect their sycophant followers, etc. I got so many PMs and emails like that, I couldn't count them. And almost all of them were afraid to side with me publicly because they feared retribution, having seen others ostracized and banned simply for agreeing with me. Can't blame them. Who wants to be shit on due to guilt by association? I never needed anyone to fight my battles, and I always told these people not to worry about it. Lay low, don't make yourself a target on my account. I love a 20-on-1 fight any day! :twisted:

But yeah, in the end it's a shame. DF the Mighty has fallen and it's not ever going to get up. It's past its prime, the glory days are over, and the sun set on the site years ago. The overwhelming emotion I feel is sadness for all the good people who were still there and who left because of the stench. A lot of people think I "hate" DF because I was banned 52,000+ times. :roll: :lol: Please. I've never taken that stuff seriously.

I've always loved intense, heated debate. Don't care how vicious it gets, don't care if it's 20-on-1, don't care if I'm the only one fighting on my side. But I did notice something eventually happening. As time went on, there was less and less tolerance for unpopular opinion. Better toe the party line, or else. And when 20 people would initiate attacks on me and then get pissy with me for fighting back, I'd get whined to by the moderators for merely fighting back.

It got boring, because the people PMing me saw how hostile the site was getting and were terrified to post, so it was only ever me vs. 20 people, 4 mods and a site admin. Which is fine, because I like the odds and I always win. But again, it got boring. The same stupid people always starting arguments about everything but refusing to debate the details of a post or matter. Then when I would direct them to address the points of debate instead of insulting me, they'd run to a moderator and whine about how "persistent" I was. :roll: Look, if you keep telling me I'm wrong, but refuse to address my facts, I'm going to keep calling you out until you address those facts.

This happened in the debates about worshiping a pantheon vs. worshiping a single god, demi-human level limits, humano-centric worlds, etc. Too many people there were too stupid to differentiate between debating and arguing.

Why waste time debating people who can't debate the details and whose command of debate consists of "no, you're wrong because I said so!"? There's no point in trying to debate fucktards, so why bother? It became an exercise in time wasting.

I just think it's a sad thing for all the good people and all the TSR staff, that Steve allowed such vile nonsense to drive away so many good people. Sure, the site was always better when I was there, but there's no reason it couldn't still be awesome when I left for good. But no, they drove off everyone else from that site. Like I said, just...sad.
The Back In Print Project - Where AD&D Lives Forever!

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

McDeath wrote:
I only learned of SJW a month ago. I couldn’t figure it out so I googled it. Mr Reaper left DF shortly after the Mentzer debacle. Maybe I just don’t visit that site enough to really know the posters. I tend to go in phases. Since I’m not gaming I’m more on forums. Eh... I should visit some other rpg forums. I’ve started visiting RPG CODEX.
I remember when Mr. Reaper left in disgust. He and I butted heads a few times but I remember him as someone I generally got along with. Unless I'm mixing him up with someone else. They all blur after all these years.

But that's a perfect example. Mr. Reaper stormed off because he got disgusted with the cesspool and the horrendously disrespectful, shoddy treatment (that bordered on libel!) against Frank Mentzer. And what happened? The cabal of idiots made fun of Mr. Reaper, disparaged him for leaving, insulted him, etc. The moderators joined in, as did Steve (the absentee site admin). They don't care. And the guy had a legitimate complaint! So now he's an "exile". Pathetic.

You can burn incense or spray air freshener, but the cesspool remains a cesspool.

But hey, sign up at the new BIP site, because I'm going to try porting this one over. And check out Planet ADND. We have some great conversation going on there.

McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

I’m going to have to pm a mod at planet ADnd. Seems my old account is EarthLink and it’s not letting me log in to change to my gmail. Bad foresight in my part. Me Reaper did love the classic edition of D&D esp BECMI/Rules cyclopedia.

There’s a few things I still like at DF... a few mappers, private pet projects, and some links. As to debates on rules... eh I sand boxed so much in the past it doesn’t matter too much so long as it isn’t ridiculous and more complicated than taxes. I like good and simple with some on the cuff judgement calls. I also don’t get attached to much to a PC I make. If I die... I die as grand and memorable as the situation dictates. I also got tired of playing “me” in a class of the day. I looked at old 1e dmg saw the tables for personalities and thought .. “that’s some good shit to role play right there!”

Now days.... I just hoard like a dragon and make PDFs available for obscure material. Thinking of this Haven city system and Thieves guild products. Need to purchase and scan and pdf then send to Remuz. That’s how I’ll read this 5e undermountain is through him. I wouldn’t but that tripe. I see the model and they make like 3-6 products for each of these little settings. This includes tokens, dice, mats, map books, etc. it won’t just be that one core book. Wizbro will spread it out.
Meow I am curious if they’ll use good maps or if Turgenev had to bend to their will. Some of his maps will be in there. If they do that fancy bs 3D angle maps ... I’ll be annoyed. Simple top down 2D is fine. I’d prefer the original ROU color scheme but I doubt that’ll happen. Knowing Turg... he will have back up simple maps somewhere.
Mira
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Mira »

Here we are going to disagree, I can easily believe in Kavenagh's guilt, it was when he was 17, it was a while ago, but guys that age...

And if you are wanting him in the Supreme Court, then I will vehemently disagree. I can't agree with ANYTHING he champions, especially on women's rights and his stance on the LGBT+ community.

Really don't want to turn things here into politics, but you had to mention him.

Mira (The lack of money is the root of all evil)
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Yeah, trying to sidestep politics as best I can. We can all agree to disagree.

But that being said, I think anyone paying attention and actually looking into and researching the details of this nightmare can tell this is nothing more than a delay tactic and a political smear job. Not a single credible "witness" has come forth to back her claim. Now a new woman, Ramirez, comes out at the last minute saying "Oh, he assaulted me too!". She gives a newspaper a list of 6 other women who she claims can back her story and each and every one of them denied it ever happened!

On the other hand, half a dozen people (including Kavanaugh himself) have sword under oath and under penalty of perjury (a felony) that this accusation is totally false.

And now Feinstein refused for weeks to release Ford's original, unredacted letter. Today it's released and the damn thing has different fonts for the redacted parts! This whole thing could never make it into court. No prosecutor or investigator worthy of the title would ever even consider it as anything more than a sick joke.

It doesn't take a rocket science degree to see what's really going on. Been there, done that, can write the book from memory.

I for one am tired of this country considering people guilty until proven innocent, the very opposite of what the country stands for.

Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Just don't disagree with me about Undermountain being the greatest gaming product of all time! Them's fighting words! :twisted: :wink: :lol:

Mira
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Mira »

Got no problem agreeing about Undermountain :)

I am afraid for my rights as a woman though. Rape is almost always dismissed, and if Kavanaugh gets in I expect my rights to disappear completely. I have not always agreed with the President, but never have I been afraid until now.

Mira (Say nothing and they think your stupid; talk and they know for sure)
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Glad we agree on Undermountain! :D

But Mira, the problem is that these false accusers are crying wolf so many times, they're setting women back 50 years. People are crying wolf constantly, and it's virtually always from the left. The Duke lacrosse team false rape allegations, the Rolling Stone magazine false rape accusations, etc, etc. And how often we see a black person claiming someone wrote a racist remark on his car, home, etc, and in almost every case it turns out he did it himself? How many times have we seen Muslims claiming harassment only to find out they made it up? And the rape stuff...leftists make this up so often that I have to admit - I have gotten to the point where, if a woman says "I was raped" or "I was molested" and she's a liberal, I say "Bullshit. Show me the video." I just cannot afford to believe a group of people who lie perpetually. The lying coming out of the political left is insane. And I'm not a Republican, so that's not where it's coming from. I'd like to fire or jail 90% of the Republican politicians along with the Democrats.

Even today, on a poll taken, only 25% of women believe Ford's insane allegations. 25%. And let's be honest - does she seem in the slightest bit credible? No. If this were a court case, Kavanaugh wouldn't even need to hire a lawyer. A first year law student on his first day in school would blow the accuser out of court. This "case" is a complete joke. A sad one.

So this is the problem. People who make these false allegations need to be destroyed. They're destroying innocent lives because of their own insane political hatred.

Did you hear about the politician who used the word "niggardly", which means "cheap or stingy" and the leftists attacked him and forced him to resign because they claimed it was a racist term? If it were me I would have gone on tv and said:

"Screw you, morons. Pick up a fucking dictionary instead of a protest sign given to you by George Soros and get a clue. That word is unrelated to the word you think it sounds like. Even it's root origin is from an entirely different language from the other word!"

We need to stop this descent into "guilty until proven innocent". That's not what America is about.

I wish they would subpoena Ford (when she inevitably refuses to testify because she knows she's full of shit), then jail her for false testimony and perjury, then have Kavanaugh sue her into oblivion. Destroy her career, her name and reputation, her life.

People freak when I say that. I'm totally pro-woman. But I am virulently anti-people-who-try-to-destroy-innocent-people-for-political-reasons. These people are nothing more than domestic terrorists, but terrorists none the less. By all measures, this is a good, god-loving, America loving, family man of integrity and he's being attacked and destroyed. Why? Because some politically motivated liar doesn't like his politics? How is that ok? People need to put themselves in the accused's shoes and use common sense, not emotions.

Imagine if you were accused of some heinous act and it was all a false report in order to destroy you. I've been there. A psycho tried to accuse me of a really nasty incident. When I found out a police report was filed, I immediately called the police and said:

"I want to come talk to you and sit for a polygraph FUCKING TODAY! No lawyer, just tell me where to meet you and we do the polygraph - RIGHT NOW. Then I'm filing charges against this idiot for making false police reports and so on and so forth."

And so I did. She learned the hard way about making false accusations about an innocent person, and then she died. And I laughed. It's just as bad to accuse someone of rape as it is to attack them with a knife or a gun. I'm sorry, I have no sympathy at all for people who try destroying other people's lives.

So we're in for some rough waters ahead. Trump is clearing out the deep state traitors, and we may even see a short period (weeks) of martial law to wrap it up. This country is now literally in the grips of a second civil war, only few people do the research to know the truth. I've filed FOIA requests, gotten on shit lists, been followed, tapped, and spied on for my research. Been there, done that, know what's really going on. I just hope this all wraps up before the end of the year. I'm tired of it.

McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Post by McDeath »

The only comment I really followed just a bit was from Mark Levin.

http://www.marklevinshow.com

He’s worried that the freedoms and “Innocent Until Proven Guilty” will chance into this progressive to communist to dictatorship mentality of “Guilty until proven Innocent!”

This lady’s story is sketchy as hell and she’s fully aware, being a psychologist of the study of implanted memory. It’s proven now that memory is very malleable and not so accurate. It can be changed in a variety of ways. It’s fully why hard evidence needs to be founded and supported. Hearsay’s and even eyewitness testimony isn’t a rock hard foundation.

But if you go by conspiracy and those that alter the truth, letters, tapes, videos, sound etc could be altered as well. When agencies are out d and determined to destroy freedoms just for currency and control then you know your free world is NOT so free.

We are ruled by a trinity: Cultural (influenced heavily by religious mandates of that culture), governmental (the lords of control to keep the masses under their iron fist), and economical (to bribe and buy what’s left of your free will to turn the CONSUMER into a whore and drug user of said merchandise). You try to live off the grid and the laws that bind will prevent it or find an offense to fine you on (since virtually all territory is owned by some agency). Some areas aren’t so well patrolled but if they find you they will prosecute you as a squatter and remove you.

This is all really inconsequential, as this world is dying. I’m not an ecofreak but I know when things are dying, patterns are changed etc. mankind pollution is a huge planet killer. It’s sad SJWs jump on idiot platforms I stead of factual platforms. The population ratio of humans on earth is busting the damn of viability. Homelessness is through the roof. The number game of % is very misleading. The towns of Springfield, Eugene, veneta, glen wood, and surrounding areas looks like a homeless, druggy, scumville apocalypse city scenario much of the time compared to when I was a kid. It’s filthy and stinks.

We are beyond the point of no return. THIS WORLD WILL DIE!!

That said, live what you can to it’s best.... investigate the destruction and consumption rates. The earthly trinity is lying to you.
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

McDeath wrote:
He’s worried that the freedoms and “Innocent Until Proven Guilty” will chance into this progressive to communist to dictatorship mentality of “Guilty until proven Innocent!”
It already has. For conservatives. Ever notice the hypocrisy on the left? Why aren't the democrats going after Keith Ellison, their resident woman-hating muslim 2nd chair? His victims have police reports, pictures, video, etc. Why aren't they calling on him to be investigated?

But when you're on the other side, it's always guilty until proven innocent. Too many stupid people out there who need to be falsely accused to get a clue what that's all about.
This lady’s story is sketchy as hell and she’s fully aware, being a psychologist of the study of implanted memory.
An expert ripped apart that letter, showing that there's no way that it was written by someone with a PhD from a prestigious school. I noticed the same thing. Gramamtical and tense errors, poor wording...it reads like a grade schooler wrote it.
We are beyond the point of no return. THIS WORLD WILL DIE!!
Actually, I think we're in the middle of a great awakening. People around the globe are turning away from globalism and insanity and wanting freedom. Hopefully, enough people wake up in time!

Beowulf
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Beowulf »

I imagine he'll be impeached on one of the dozen or so counts of perjury he's committed. With any luck Herr Drumph will end his term crapping himself at the end of a rope like Saddam did.

Aside from that did I miss anything? :wink:
RIP E. Gary Gygax- The DM's DM!
Halaster Blackcloak
Lord of Undermountain
Lord of Undermountain

Tread carefully! :twisted:

[Opens gate for some new monsters...]